Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went to play 5s tonight and within the first 2 minutes I'd been fouled twice, the second of which has fucked my ankle. Absolutely louping and it means I forked out £3.50 for a walk along the road and a hobble back.

Got myself into a habit of staying up all night and sleeping all day since the Summer Holidays started. Half 5 in the morning is so over-rated :(

I'm on the same boat. I sat playing Football Manager all night, and it's only just dawned upon me that I need to be up at half nine. Piss.

Step son is 11, daughter is 3 and son has just turned 1.

Would have taken them if it was an afternoon game. Can see my youngest being tired and grumpy by kick off time

And everyone else by full time? BOOM! *tish*

I'm here all week. Try the fish.

Sorry to hear that mate

Appreciated bud. It's gutting when you don't get something you've had your heart set on since the second year of my four apprenticeship.

The only consolation is that I can apply again next year, so they'll definitely be hearing from me again next time round. However their reasons behind not letting me in where, let's just say not satisfactory when I phone the guy up.

Appreciated bud. It's gutting when you don't get something you've had your heart set on since the second year of my four apprenticeship.

The only consolation is that I can apply again next year, so they'll definitely be hearing from me again next time round. However their reasons behind not letting me in where, let's just say not satisfactory when I phone the guy up.

What were the reasons?

You're not Craig Thomson are you...? :unsure:

What were the reasons?

You're not Craig Thomson are you...? :unsure:

:lol:

Nah, I dont get caught I like the anomosity me! :ph34r:

Without getting into it too much, they claim they didn't have enough money in their budgets to facilitate even though I said I would be more than happy to cover the costs from my own pockets, but still refused as I think they had their mind made up. The man on the phone you used the words 'don't think of it as a rejection, but more a delay' on a fair number of occasions. So I will be applying again for it, and the year after until they get the message I won't be backing down. In fairness, I wasn't the only one, and that person probably deserved it more than I did, and he seems to be in a much bigger pissed off mood than I am.

:lol:

Nah, I dont get caught I like the anomosity me! :ph34r:

Without getting into it too much, they claim they didn't have enough money in their budgets to facilitate even though I said I would be more than happy to cover the costs from my own pockets, but still refused as I think they had their mind made up. The man on the phone you used the words 'don't think of it as a rejection, but more a delay' on a fair number of occasions. So I will be applying again for it, and the year after until they get the message I won't be backing down. In fairness, I wasn't the only one, and that person probably deserved it more than I did, and he seems to be in a much bigger pissed off mood than I am.

obviously Im being presumptious about the situation in your company however it could be someone higher up than you doesnt like the idea of you being better qualified than them....

Went to play 5s tonight and within the first 2 minutes I'd been fouled twice, the second of which has fucked my ankle. Absolutely louping and it means I forked out £3.50 for a walk along the road and a hobble back.

Further to this, my whole ankle is swollen and my foot and calf muscle hurt like buggery. My mother in law is a nurse and reckons I've got a fractured ankle, but I'm damned if I'm gonna let her be right.