Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My family are seriously doing my head in.

Firstly, my Gran has let my dad know my mum is in a wee bit of financial difficulty, she's took great delight in doing this, and now my folks are getting divorced. Thanks Gran dry.gif

I could go on about my Aunts and Uncles on Dad's side, except there's not enough hours in the day to write the rant.

I'm only inviting my Mum's cousin on her side, the rest I really don't want there for various other reasons due to I don't want the police there to deal with the inevitable riot.

Now, on my fiance's side, her uncle is now not coming to the wedding as he's not getting an all day invite. Toys out of the pram.

I really could scream just now. I just want to go to a local registrar and get hitched with nearest and dearest, with a chinese afterwards, a lot simpler and cheaper.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! !!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I feel your pain brother. It was difficult for us to make sure we didn't upset people with regards to the invitation. Weddings are pretty stressful at the best of times, yet most families seem to take pride in making it more stressful for you!

Best of luck...

Cheers. I could weep with anger just now, not for me, but the missus is now panicking that no-one is coming.

f**k 'em all. It's YOUR day, no one else's. I will never, ever get my head around people that seem to expect an invitation to what is a day for the couple, not for everyone else. We had people leaving little messages on facebook "I haven't had my invite yet" and then messages from other people saying "So and so hasn't had their invite yet", which really pissed me off. You would think the fact that I hadn't asked for their address or told them the date would have given them the hint, eh? But no. I cannot comprehend this feeling of entitlement and never will. Anyone who can do that over someone else's wedding is just a bit selfish and attention seeking and to be honest, your day will go a lot smoother without any of that rubbish.

If the worst happened and it's just you, your missus, your best men and her maid of honour there on the day, will it stop it being your wedding? Nope, you'll get married and have your happy ever after just as you would have done otherwise, but you'll not have the fear of a scrap breaking out at the reception.

Shitebags that like to sit behind a pc and act all hard.

Only difference is i'm willing to back it up.

I don't give a flying f**k what it is, do you just expect me to sit back and let a couple of no marks bad mouth me ?

Oh look it's dungeon & dragons boy.

Fucking weirdo.

Seriously?

What a fucking spacker.

:lol:

f**k 'em all. It's YOUR day, no one else's. I will never, ever get my head around people that seem to expect an invitation to what is a day for the couple, not for everyone else. We had people leaving little messages on facebook "I haven't had my invite yet" and then messages from other people saying "So and so hasn't had their invite yet", which really pissed me off. You would think the fact that I hadn't asked for their address or told them the date would have given them the hint, eh? But no. I cannot comprehend this feeling of entitlement and never will. Anyone who can do that over someone else's wedding is just a bit selfish and attention seeking and to be honest, your day will go a lot smoother without any of that rubbish.

If the worst happened and it's just you, your missus, your best men and her maid of honour there on the day, will it stop it being your wedding? Nope, you'll get married and have your happy ever after just as you would have done otherwise, but you'll not have the fear of a scrap breaking out at the reception.

My feeling entirely. But then again, it's not really my day if you get what I mean. Her sis in law's been on the phone, she said the 'not coming cards' will come before the 'aye we are' ones and not to panic, so she's a wee bit better.

You can pick yer pals....

My feeling entirely. But then again, it's not really my day if you get what I mean. Her sis in law's been on the phone, she said the 'not coming cards' will come before the 'aye we are' ones and not to panic, so she's a wee bit better.

You can pick yer pals....

Getting a few "no, we're not coming" replies does make it feel like no one's bothering to come, but you won't be alone, people will come, even if it's just for the free feed and the chance of a good nose at what the bride's wearing and whatever gossip there is to be had! Now that I come to think of it, I wonder how many people go to a wedding because they actually care about the couple getting married...

Cheers. I could weep with anger just now, not for me, but the missus is now panicking that no-one is coming.

Got married at the end of May. Easy to say it now, but just ignore all this sh*t and tell your missus to do likewise. You will have a great day and the people you really want to be there ie close family and friends, will be.

And then you can live happily ever after and all that...!

If I get married - which will probably never happen - then I fully expect less than 30 people there from my family. I don't speak to anyone on my dads side and the majority of my mums side are geriatrics so they'll be gone within the next 30 years anyway.

Actually thinking about it, I can see less than 15...

I really could scream just now. I just want to go to a local registrar and get hitched with nearest and dearest, with a chinese afterwards, a lot simpler and cheaper.

Just fucking do it (assuming your other half could be persuaded).

Quite a few of my pals have got married, and the single most disturbing aspect about the whole thing is that people seem to want to organise their big day in such a way to please everyone that's invited.

f**k that, it's your day, you're paying for it. Do what you want to do. If that upsets a few Aunst/Uncles/Cousins or any other relatives you only ever see when someone gets married or dies, so what?

Just fucking do it (assuming your other half could be persuaded).

Quite a few of my pals have got married, and the single most disturbing aspect about the whole thing is that people seem to want to organise their big day in such a way to please everyone that's invited.

f**k that, it's your day, you're paying for it. Do what you want to do. If that upsets a few Aunst/Uncles/Cousins or any other relatives you only ever see when someone gets married or dies, so what?

It's a lot easier said than done. I greatly enjoyed my wedding day but the stress leading up to it was incredible.

People who link their twitter and facebook updates to P&B's status bar does my tits right in.

I don't give a fuck what you had for dinner, what movies you watch or who you met last nigh. No-one on here does either. The majority of you don't even post on the site itself so fuck off.

Get the twitter and facebook link de-activated, Div.

Woke up this morning with arguably the worst hangover I've ever had. It's only been in the last 20 minutes that I've actually been able to stand up. :(

i'm going to t in the park on friday with a couple of pals and i had asked one of them to book 3 bus tickets while i was away camping over the weekend. i asked this guy on friday, then phoned him yesterday to remind him about it. i gave him a text earlier and he replied that he hadn't got them because he's at work just now.

what a useless b*****d.

Ya lightweight,I am just waiting on my wife finishing work at 5pm then off to The Lockhouse for a beer it is.

I think I'd die if I had a beer just now.