Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Can I complain about not being able to enjoy it as I used up my holidays at the start of the month and am having to look at it from my desk? Sure? Ok...

FFFUUUU"£%^££$!!!

Sorry to hear that.

I also read the temps are gonna be reaching 30 degrees in Edinburgh this week

Been a shitty day or two here. There has been a wee feral cat that appeared just over a year ago here and we were feeding her cos she was hanging around the garden. She desperately wanted to come in the house but we have 3 already and theyd just go berserk. So she lived in the greenhouse in the summer and in the summer house in the winter. She had kittens here and we had her sterilised and gave away the kitten to folk and she was quite happy. The kids loved her and I had a wee basket she slept in next to the stove in the workshop.

Well the wee bugger got run over and killed on Sunday. Tears and snotters all round, especially the kids who are totally gutted.

:(

Sounds like she was a single mother sponging off her betters, got what was coming to her imo.

The last few times i've been up the canal walking pooch i swear the entire bike population of Scotland has been up there.

The toepath isn't very wide and these bikes are a ruddy pest. My dog isn't the smartest for moving out their way either, i'm waiting on 1 to hit her and i will leather the fucker stupid. you don't own ever piece of tarmac you see cuntos mad.gif

Almost every time I'm cycling along the very same canal toepath, there will be someone who thinks it's ok for their dog to run out in front of my bike.

One day I'll run over the stupid dug and throw both dug and owner in the feckin canal. :angry:

Sorry to hear that.

I also read the temps are gonna be reaching 30 degrees in Edinburgh this week

A colleague's iPhone suggested it would be 36 in Fauldhouse at the weekend. I point blank refuse to believe that

A colleague's iPhone suggested it would be 36 in Fauldhouse at the weekend. I point blank refuse to believe that

It won't be as high as that.

A lot of people were posting different readings from their iPhone on facebook. Thanks, but if I want to check the weather, I'll do it on my own accord.

That would absolutely smash the record high temperature in Scotland, which is 32.9C in the borders in 2003:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/extremes/

One of the woman in my work came in today and said "It's too warm, I prefer the rain".

FFS!

Where I live we have daily highs of over 100 F (high 30s C) for at least two months at a time. It's fair to say I much prefer the cold and wet to that, because at least in the cold and wet you can put on a jacket and go for a trudge, whereas doing anything in 105 F heat is just unbearable after a while.

Of course in Scotland where it's in the low 70s people saying this can just f**k right off. You don't know how good you have it with your climate.

Edited by Swampy

Where I live we have daily highs of over 100 F (high 30s C) for at least two months at a time. It's fair to say I much prefer the cold and wet to that, because at least in the cold and wet you can put on a jacket and go for a trudge, whereas doing anything in 105 F heat is just unbearable after a while.

Of course in Scotland where it's in the low 70s people saying this can just f**k right off. You don't know how good you have it with your climate.

Totally agree, we spent a month in Lancaster Ca in July one year and it was horrendous. We stayed with my wifes' aunt who told us (lied to us) that July wasn't too hot in the Mojave Desert. We only left the air-conditioned house to get in the air-conditioned car and go to the air-conditioned Mall during the day. We will go back, but definitely not in the height of Summer.

I was in Valencia one day years back when it was either 41 or 42 degrees at lunchtime. Took about six steps out of the bus station before I physically couldn't walk any further. Never have I felt heat like that.

I was in Valencia one day years back when it was either 41 or 42 degrees at lunchtime. Took about six steps out of the bus station before I physically couldn't walk any further. Never have I felt heat like that.

That sounds Brutal.

I don't mind anything up to about 26-28 degrees. Anything more is just uncomfortable

I read somewhere that the Arizona Cardinals (NFL team) trained in on field temperatures of 46 degrees yesterday. Imagine running about in that with all the pads on

When we were in DC 3 years ago in July we tried to play musical instruments in front of the Lincoln Memorial with the temperature at 44oC and it was absolutely brutal. Thankfully we were allowed to wear short-sleeve shirts, but we also wore tartan waistcoats which made the weather feel horrible. Our conductor (who has a bald head that appears red at the best of times) went purple and had to be doused in several bottles of water to stop his skin drying up and peeeling off his napper.

That said the weather at the moment in Glasgow is utterly glorious.

Edited by Ad Lib

When we were in DC 3 years ago in July we tried to play musical instruments in front of the Lincoln Memorial with the temperature at 44oC and it was absolutely brutal. Thankfully we were allowed to wear short-sleeve shirts, but we also wore tartan waistcoats which made the weather feel horrible. Our conductor (who has a bald head that appears red at the best of times) went purple and had to be doused in several bottles of water to stop his skin drying up and peeeling off his napper.

That said the weather at the moment in Glasgow is utterly glorious.

Woody, Woody,

post-31698-0-69202700-1337809079_thumb.p