Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I had a holiday in Croatia a few years ago where the temperature reached 41 and 42 degrees every day. And the apartment had no air conditioning at night.

Its only really the fatty boom booms I know who are complaining about the heat in glasgow, in fairness if you are carrying 3 stone in body fat it probably feels like the sahara out there.

The sunburn on my arms make me feel like my skin is melting.

Use sun cream folks.

THIS.

I have one of those Livestrong bands, I fell asleep with it in the park yesterday for less than half an hour, I now have a lovely wee white stripe going across my scarlet arm.

Looks a bit like a strip of bacon actually.

I've got hay fever, and it's really quite bad.

Heid in a bucket of cold water, blink a few times and fill your nose with water (if you drown, it's gone to far!) Then pat your face dry and blow your nose, nothing like it for instant relief.

Heid in a bucket of cold water, blink a few times and fill your nose with water (if you drown, it's gone to far!) Then pat your face dry and blow your nose, nothing like it for instant relief.

I can't tell if you're bamming him up or not. I'm also a hayfever sufferer and that sounds magic.

Where u stay Swampy?

Dallas, Texas. Last year every day between July 2 and August 11 - and most August days after that - saw the temperature rise above 37.8C (100F.)

Much like CentralTon's experience in the Mojave, summer is spent plodding briskly from one air-conditioned space to another. On the rare occasions I do any outdoor 'activity' in summer it's sedentary, like going to the football. I remember last year there was a game I didn't go to in the CONCACAF Champions League where they actually closed the east side of the stadium because even at 8pm the sun was up and it was unsafe to have people sitting in the daylight for 90 minutes. Everyone had to move over to the shaded side (where it was still above 100.) If you want to go for a walk or jog, either do it at 5 in the morning or don't do it at all. Hell, even at this time of year when I go traipsing I do it at 7 or 8 in the morning because by 1pm we're into the 90s.

Texas weather in spring and autumn is just brilliant, highs in the 70s, clear skies, breezes. Summer is hell.

Edited by Swampy

When the sun comes out in Scotland its really plainly obvious that Scottish people aren't designed for sun.

Big ugly fatties all over the shop with flesh on display yucky.gif

Gave me grey skies any day.

Edited by JamboMikey

My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I had a holiday in Croatia a few years ago where the temperature reached 41 and 42 degrees every day. And the apartment had no air conditioning at night.

That's ridiculous, for an industrialised country. When our AC gets knocked out here in the summer we go to say with the in-laws or (in extremis) a motel because there's no point trying to sleep in a 95 degree room.

That's ridiculous, for an industrialised country. When our AC gets knocked out here in the summer we go to say with the in-laws or (in extremis) a motel because there's no point trying to sleep in a 95 degree room.

Just buy a fan

Just buy a fan

You've clearly never experienced that kind of heat at night while sharing a bed with someone, have you? A fan makes negligible difference.

You've clearly never experienced that kind of heat at night while sharing a bed with someone, have you? A fan makes negligible difference.

It's sticky and brutal.

lolz.

PTTGOMN: I have to wear a polo shirt to work and yesterday I forgot to put sun cream on the bit between the buttons. Looks like I have a shite Airdrie tattoo.