Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't think I've ever dished out the 'university of lifer' line on here or 'in real life' but I do sometimes like a bit of uni snobbery, purely for a quick wind up.

I'm a terribly unambitious person and quite frankly am just happy to be making enough to live a reasonably happy life. I couldn't really care less what anyone else does with themself.

Edited by Fudge

I don't think I've ever dished out the 'university of lifer' line on here or 'in real life' but I do sometimes like a bit of uni snobbery, purely for a quick wind up.

I'm a terribly unambitious person and quite frankly am just happy to be making enough to live a reasonably happy life. I couldn't really care less what anyone else does with themself.

If you had any genuine life experience of living with outside toilets and rickets and weren't a complete uni snob with a branded hoodie and a Fiat Panda you drive your beret-wearing girlfriend Hilary around in you wouldn't so laid back about the whole situation.

Telt!

Hold on while I go trawling P&B to gain the evidence you desire.

Yes, why have any facts to back up ridiculous statements: a classic UoL error.

Since you're having some sort of tear-stained hissy fit about it: the phrase was actually brought to the site by a UoLer, in order to justify their worldly wisdom when it was clear to everyone else that they were talking a power of shite. It has since been turned by several (mostly Box-Office) posters into a general term for the 'life experience' contingent who pride themselves on boorish anti-intellectualism, using personal anecdotes as facts, and the general spreading of drivel across any semi-serious topic on this forum.

As a result, the phrase does not confer status to a university graduate: it instead devalues the credibility of non-graduates. Going to University does not make you part of the intelligentsia, given it is a very popular option in the Western world. UoLers on the other hand distinguish themselves on here with their unsurpassed idiocy.

Unlucky.

1347742815[/url]' post='6630520']

Yes, why have any facts to back up ridiculous statements: a classic UoL error.

Since you're having some sort of tear-stained hissy fit about it: the phrase was actually brought to the site by a UoLer, in order to justify their worldly wisdom when it was clear to everyone else that they were talking a power of shite. It has since been turned by several (mostly Box-Office) posters into a general term for the 'life experience' contingent who pride themselves on boorish anti-intellectualism, using personal anecdotes as facts, and the general spreading of drivel across any semi-serious topic on this forum.

As a result, the phrase does not confer status to a university graduate: it instead devalues the credibility of non-graduates. Going to University does not make you part of the intelligentsia, given it is a very popular option in the Western world. UoLers on the other hand distinguish themselves on here with their unsurpassed idiocy.

Unlucky.

Too long. Didn't read.

The noisy c**t upstairs who seems to think that stamping around is acceptable then makes more noise when we bang the ceiling. I do know the general idea would be to go up and toe his baws but it turns out said bawbag is a police officer.

:angry:

Where's

Raoul Moat when I need him?

Edited by Bert Raccoon