Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Who on earth designed the latest generation of pedestrian crossings, whereby the green man is displayed down below eye level on the yellow box at the same side of the road as the crossees, where nobody has it in their natural line of vision, as opposed to the good old method of it being prominently displayed on the pole on the opposite side of the road?

This one might only be applicable to the West of Scotland (I don't know if he's "famous" anywhere else), but what is with people referring to George Bowie as "Bowie Boy" all the time. Incase he isn't in the public eye everywhere else, George Bowie is a shite radio DJ in his mid-forties who holds a request show where drunk people from various locations in the West phone up to request tunes from when they were young, for example;

"Alright Georgie Boy. Gonna play soap on a rope for wee Tommo and aw the Cambuslang mob"

This one might only be applicable to the West of Scotland (I don't know if he's "famous" anywhere else), but what is with people referring to George Bowie as "Bowie Boy" all the time. Incase he isn't in the public eye everywhere else, George Bowie is a shite radio DJ in his mid-forties who holds a request show where drunk people from various locations in the West phone up to request tunes from when they were young, for example;

"Alright Georgie Boy. Gonna play soap on a rope for wee Tommo and aw the Cambuslang mob"

He refers to himself as the Bowie boy too, thinks he's superb.

He's a throbber.

You missed the ever present "wa' 'ae gies a shout oot?" :D

In fairness, I do listen to the GBX quite a lot as I like most of the music. Wouldn't be seen dead at one of the live nights right enough. I don't think I'd fit in.

What is it with women in the work place divulging their whole lives to you, like i give a f**k about your relationship or whats going on with your mum.

Had a new start in on Monday, I already know what school she went to, her age, what music she likes , all the jobs she has hadwhat school her kids go to,their ages and names, where they go for rainbows and cubs, what football team the young lad plays for, where his season ticket at tannadice is , her parents names, her parents professions, the village she grew up in and all the different places where her family live now. Her sister has a job interview today for a promotion and has to do a presentation, her wee lad didnt want to go to school today and is having a lot of problems at the moment, she had a quiet ight in with her new man last night and sent the kids to their dads which is why he isnt too happy at the moment. I know where she went on holiday last month, the bits of her body that she got burnt on, i know where she is going on holiday next year, i know that she doesnt own her own home. i know where she is going on saturday night for her tea, the pub she will go to after, i know what she will be drinking, who she will be drinking with, what club she will go to after and what she will do on sunday to get over her hangover.

And she has requested a meeting this afternnon for a catch up !!! If we went on mr and mrs together I would hose it.

What is it with women in the work place divulging their whole lives to you, like i give a f**k about your relationship or whats going on with your mum.

Had a new start in on Monday, I already know what school she went to, her age, what music she likes , all the jobs she has hadwhat school her kids go to,their ages and names, where they go for rainbows and cubs, what football team the young lad plays for, where his season ticket at tannadice is , her parents names, her parents professions, the village she grew up in and all the different places where her family live now. Her sister has a job interview today for a promotion and has to do a presentation, her wee lad didnt want to go to school today and is having a lot of problems at the moment, she had a quiet ight in with her new man last night and sent the kids to their dads which is why he isnt too happy at the moment. I know where she went on holiday last month, the bits of her body that she got burnt on, i know where she is going on holiday next year, i know that she doesnt own her own home. i know where she is going on saturday night for her tea, the pub she will go to after, i know what she will be drinking, who she will be drinking with, what club she will go to after and what she will do on sunday to get over her hangover.

And she has requested a meeting this afternnon for a catch up !!! If we went on mr and mrs together I would hose it.

:lol:

On a positive note: She seems to have steered her boy away from the OF.

Who on earth designed the latest generation of pedestrian crossings, whereby the green man is displayed down below eye level on the yellow box at the same side of the road as the crossees, where nobody has it in their natural line of vision, as opposed to the good old method of it being prominently displayed on the pole on the opposite side of the road?

You forget to mention that they're silent half the time. F*** the puffin crossing. Puffins are cool though.

Fun fact: The German word for 'puffin' translates as 'diving parrot'.

I generally quite like the way Youtube comes up with suggestions for similar videos, but recently it's been doing my tits in. I watched a handful of videos from Sixpack Shortcuts as I was trying to mix up my gym routine a bit. And now every time I'm on there (looking at completely unrelated videos) I get this Mike Chang c**t popping up.

"Hi, this is Mike from Sixpack Shortcuts. Today we're going to be working..."

seething.gif

Edited by lanky_ffc

Scottish bloody gas.

Phoned then with my details in September now had 3 dear occupier letters from them and a letter from British gas with my details predating the last two. Trying to phone in and the wait is almost an hour

I've lost track a bit of this 'plebgate' stuff.

Did Andrew Mitchell actually swear at the polis but they've 'sexed up' what happened or did they make it all up completely?

He did swear at them, something like I thought you b*****ds were supposed to be on our side or words to that effect.

They made up the rest.

The main story was a dodgy businessman trying to buy a lower league club; the secondary one was Scotland women getting a funding boost, followed by a patronising comment; and the round-up was a few seconds each for a boxing match that hasn't been confirmed yet, 1st placed Glasgow playing 2nd place Munster in the rugby, Marian Kello signing for St Mirren, and Katie Archibald in the cycling.

Yes, that was the sum total of the Reporting Scotland Sports news, presented by David Currie.

The main story was a dodgy businessman trying to buy a lower league club; the secondary one was Scotland women getting a funding boost, followed by a patronising comment; and the round-up was a few seconds each for a boxing match that hasn't been confirmed yet, 1st placed Glasgow playing 2nd place Munster in the rugby, Marian Kello signing for St Mirren, and Katie Archibald in the cycling.

Yes, that was the sum total of the Reporting Scotland Sports news, presented by David Currie.

Have something big happened in sport that the lad has missed? Or do you just think why bother having a sports reported when the dolly bird could read it out just as easy?