Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The high-pitch screeching from the crowd on most WC football games when a team gets a good chance to score. Is this due to a massive increase in women in the crowd than you would get in domestic matches?

I'm in France just now and I was hoping to watch the late world cup games on TV if I'm back when they're on but the French TV schedules I can find seem to suggest only one channel (Bien Sports) has them and it's a pay channel which the place I'm staying doesn't have. :(

I'm in France just now and I was hoping to watch the late world cup games on TV if I'm back when they're on but the French TV schedules I can find seem to suggest only one channel (Bien Sports) has them and it's a pay channel which the place I'm staying doesn't have. :(

Some of the games are on TF1 if you can get that, Cameroon v Brazil for example

I'm the only one of my household in the country and I'm having to wait for a delivery today (furniture). So it can't be left outside. The thing is, I've absolutely no idea when it's due to arrive, which not only means I've got to stay in all day until it arrives, I'm now paranoid the moment I go for my shower, the doorbell will ring!! Don't think the delivery men would be expecting that somehow!

I'm the only one of my household in the country and I'm having to wait for a delivery today (furniture). So it can't be left outside. The thing is, I've absolutely no idea when it's due to arrive, which not only means I've got to stay in all day until it arrives, I'm now paranoid the moment I go for my shower, the doorbell will ring!! Don't think the delivery men would be expecting that somehow!

You should have been given a 4 hr. window as a worst case scenario.

You saying you've got the old "sometime between "9 & 6" patter ?

That went out with the ark, shoorely.

I was waiting on a delivery recently, I was up and about in the house from just after 8, heard the postman walking down my drive with the mail, heard the window cleaner coming round, then I heard the bin lorry so went out to bring my wheely bin in & what's lying on the door-mat? A fuckin failed delivery notification card.

The driver must have been lighter on his feet than Casper the friendly ghost.

I was waiting on a delivery recently, I was up and about in the house from just after 8, heard the postman walking down my drive with the mail, heard the window cleaner coming round, then I heard the bin lorry so went out to bring my wheely bin in & what's lying on the door-mat? A fuckin failed delivery notification card.

The driver must have been lighter on his feet than Casper the friendly ghost.

They finally perfected they tomorrow's world jet packs.

You should have been given a 4 hr. window as a worst case scenario.

You saying you've got the old "sometime between "9 & 6" patter ?

That went out with the ark, shoorely.

No I'm saying they didn't even say anything other than what day do you want it delivered and then basically hung up. As it turned out, it's arrived, I was in the shower and now it turns out my folks never told me it was flat pack. So that's my new PTTGOYN, I've now got to build a 3 piece suite and table for the conservatory!