Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Student nurses. Never have I known such a bunch of argumentative, entitled, precious little flowers in my life.

I was sure this was a post by sjc for a minute there. Had a dire hilarious retort all lined up - fuckin' boo! :angry:

Saw a couple of American tourists take a picture of the Apple store in Buchanan St yesterday. Not even the building , just the door bit. Are they surprised that Scotland has one of these* ?

*ETA : An apple store , not a door.

Yes. Shocking how many Americans assume that anything outside of North America is third world.

They have plenty of attractive ladies who are absolute filth, however, so...swings and roundabouts.

You want them to spit on your shoes?

I have nothing but respect for the way the human body operates... Just don't make the disgusting parts as loud as possible.

Also, to add to the point about student nurses... I would broaden that to students in general. I despise them.

Have hundreds of DVDs just lying in a cupboard that'll never get watched again. Couldn't be bothered with the hassle of selling them individually or as small groups so just went on that music magpie. Since signing up they have sent me 14 emails. I signed up at half 10. Phones going mental but I am waiting on an email from someone and don't want to miss it so my phone cant go on silent.

Obviously after you've rifled the through it first.

Steady; it's not like I'm from Dundee or anything.

(Am I doing this right? I've nothing against Dundonians, but I'm trying to fit in.)

Have hundreds of DVDs just lying in a cupboard that'll never get watched again. Couldn't be bothered with the hassle of selling them individually or as small groups so just went on that music magpie. Since signing up they have sent me 14 emails. I signed up at half 10. Phones going mental but I am waiting on an email from someone and don't want to miss it so my phone cant go on silent.

What did they offer you? I've always figured that these places will give you buttons in exchange for your stuff.

Jury duty...I wouldn't even mind if it was organised and we were told what was happening, but that's two days we've been told to come back later.

Seems like they're working their way through the P&B massive at the moment.

Surely only a matter of time before 8Mile is called upon to pass judgement on a shite-based assault case ;)

Seems like they're working their way through the P&B massive at the moment.

Surely only a matter of time before 8Mile is called upon to pass judgement on a shite-based assault case ;)

Perhaps they're trying to get as many criminals locked up as possible before we inevitably descend into anarchy.

What did they offer you? I've always figured that these places will give you buttons in exchange for your stuff.

Just over £70. Most were worth 20p but a few were £3 or so. Really just want rid of the clutter as they have lay unwatched for years.

Middle aged women who think the way to have a conversation is to shout at each other. Could overhear every word and cackle despite them being across the other side of the coffee shop.

On a similar note, young people who have seen so much American TV that they seem to think the only way to make their patter funny or interesting is to say it loudly. Many of the same people seem to have introduced the American/Australian upward inflexion, just to make their yelling more annoying.

Edited by Albino Rover

Woman in the office blowing her nose. Now, I've nothing against folk blowing their nose as such, but this woman's nose blow is accompanied by, what can only be described as her blowing a raspberry. At high volume. Several times in a row.

Fucking stop it.

Oh aye, she's also shoving the used tissue up her sleeve for future use.

That kind of nonsense gives me the boak. We have a good friend, really great guy (English but.......) and he has the nauseating habit of using a cotton handkerchief to blow his nose. He'll be sitting at dinner and he'll haul one of his greenie-infested rags out of his pocket and deposit yet another load of phlegm into this serious health hazard. I've actually pulled him up on it and told him that it's a fucking disgusting habit and please get a packet of disposable tissues but he seems to think it's a traditional 'gentlemens accessory'.

Horrible. :yucky