Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Fucking self checkouts.

*beep* do you have your own bags?

*pushes button to indicate yes*

You then proceed to scan your items and at the finish it asks you how many bags you have bought, there aren't any bags there to use you stupid electronic c**t, so how could I have used them?

They'll have 'upgraded' the software again now that the carrier bag charging has kicked in.

Remember what a fucking mess those things were when the supermarkets first put them in? You basically needed a cashier with you during the whole process anyway. Bleeping and error messages every time you scanned an item :rolleyes:

Fucking self checkouts.

You then proceed to scan your items and at the finish it asks you how many bags you have bought, there aren't any bags there to use you stupid electronic c**t, so how could I have used them?

Good point. People obviously can't be trusted to pay 5p per bag, so there are none there.

You need to find someone to bring you bags, meaning that self-service is now less handy than going to a manned till.

What is the actual point of haymarket train st?

Always seems busy enough. Used to get off there myself sometimes when I had a girlfriend in Edinburgh.

Fill yer boots, folks.

Fucking self checkouts.

Similar

*beep* please place bags in bagging area

*places bags in bagging area*

*beep* unexpected item in bagging area, unexpected item in bagging area, murder, death, kill, John Spartan you are fined one credit. ...

It's to let the trucks out easier from the Asda depot. f**k the general public, somebody at the council's taken a back hander from Asda.

Saw an interesting documentary about Walmart in the US a while back. Apparently they get local authorities to build new stores for them, which they agree to inhabit for a token rent for the first few years as a sweetener. When the sweetener period expires, Walmart threaten to leave if they aren't allowed to stay rent-free. In the meantime, they've destroyed all the local businesses and their stores are so huge that nobody could fill the building if they leave the town. So, they essentially own the town by that point, and this is their standard practice for moving into new markets.

Must admit that I wonder what concessions our councils make to get an ASDA in their area...

Similar

*beep* unexpected item in bagging area, unexpected item in bagging area, murder, death, kill, John Spartan you are fined one credit. ...

Can I assume that you do not like to do the shopping?

Can I assume that you do not like to do the shopping?

You'd assume wrongly my friend. I actually like shopping and I like using the self serve machines. 99% of the time there are no incidents but once in a while they like to f**k you about just to remind you who is the boss in the relationship.

Similar

^^^^

Doesn't know how to use the 3 seashells

Missus eating breakfast cereal.

She uses the bowl and spoon like some sort of musical instrument. She can't seem to eat like a normal human, it's a case of making several passes with the spoon for each mouthful, which results in an up-tempo 'ching-ching-ching-ching' every ten seconds. You can hear it form the other side of the house. Drives me up the bloody wall.

Oh aye, and the fact she's never eaten 'breakfast' cereal at breakfast either. It's invariably 9pm or some shit and I'm trying to just chill out and this 'ching-ching' starts up. :thumbsdown

Edited by Boo Khaki

Similar

I fucking love that film

Missus eating breakfast cereal.

She uses the bowl and spoon like some sort of musical instrument. She can't seem to eat like a normal human, it's a case of making several passes with the spoon for each mouthful, which results in an up-tempo 'ching-ching-ching-ching' every ten seconds. You can hear it form the other side of the house. Drives me up the bloody wall.

Oh aye, and the fact she's never eaten 'breakfast' cereal at breakfast either. It's invariably 9pm or some shit and I'm trying to just chill out and this 'ching-ching' starts up. :thumbsdown

Ask her if she'd like a pie instead.

Then give her a boot in it.