Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

OTT online security.

I bought something online and was awaiting an email from the company with their bank details to send the funds (unusual but legit).

Recently got a new phone and went to set up the email app. It asks me for a secondary email account to send a security code to.

I only have one other ancient Yahoo account which I haven't used for years, but try that.

It has been xxx time since your last login. Please enter a mobile phone number to receive a security code.

Receive text and use code to log into Microsoft email account. Read email and get bank details.

Go to make transaction and am informed that I have a £300 daily limit on online banking transactions. Since when? I've transferred more than that many times.

Oh wait - I can request a security token to increase my daily allowance. Request token.

Your security token will be despatched by post and will be with you within 5 working days.

FFS.

Email company I bought the items from and explain, end up paying in 2 instalments 24hrs apart, no problem.

3 days later security token arrives. Enter code, daily allowance increased from £300 to £15,000 :lol:

What a complete and utter faffing nonsense.

Insomnia. Can't sleep a full night at the minute. Seem to fall asleep early, then sleep soundly for about 3 hours and then only sleep lightly and intermittently from then on. Even came into work early this morning just because I was bored of staring at the ceiling.

Guest The Phoenix
Insomnia. Can't sleep a full night at the minute. Seem to fall asleep early, then sleep soundly for about 3 hours and then only sleep lightly and intermittently from then on. Even came into work early this morning just because I was bored of staring at the ceiling.

^^^ not bored enough to actually do some work.

My sister getting an extra weeks holiday for 10yrs in the NHS.

Are you annoyed because it's your sister or because it's the NHS? lots of places I've worked, private and public sector, will give this reward for long service.

Are you annoyed because it's your sister or because it's the NHS? lots of places I've worked, private and public sector, will give this reward for long service.

A bit of both. I think a week is taking the piss a bit. Especially being rewarded for her loyalty when they were her only real option for a well paid career and she already has generous annual leave entitlement imo.

Just seen my first Christmas ad on television. November the fucking 4th. We're in the USA, which means we have a major holiday coming up in 3 weeks and THEN another month until Christmas. Sigh.

I give thanks that we don't have christmas adverts yet ;-)