Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A bunch of absolute c***s.

They claim they have tried to deliver a package to mine 3 separate times on 3 separate days, and have left a card on each occasion. Have they f**k.

Lying, incompetent arseholes.

Had this about a fortnight ago. After 3 attempted deliveries, they take it back to the depot and expect you to collect it but you must take the card with you to do so. Now, the trouble with this is, the first time they tried to deliver, I was home but no attempt was made. I only found out that they'd tried because I got a message from Amazon saying that they'd tried to deliver it, no one was in and they left a card with instructions. It was only when I went into the tracker that I discovered that counted as two attempts as they had logged it twice, just two minutes apart - and no, they hadn't left a bloody card, they hadn't even been to the door. The second day, they had apparently tried again, logged it as a third failed attempt with a card left and expected me to be able to go and collect it, despite the fact that I had absolutely nothing to say that they'd tried, again, other than the tracker on Amazon. I phoned customer service and explained all this and the guy on the phone told me that he would authorise a 4th attempt (despite me pointing out that I'd not actually had three yet, but that's by the by). The next day, I actually got a card through the door to say that they'd delivered it to my neighbour. I was home at the time they'd tried it and they'd not even tried to come to me!

Annoying enough, you might think, but on Monday I had a parcel to send down south. I told myself I would never use City Link again - I told the guy on the phone I would never use them again - and yet found myself in the position on Monday where I needed to. All the other courier service needed me to print the labels and my printer isn't working. I booked it for collection on Tuesday, delivery today. I sat in all day, no one arrived. I used the online tracker where it told me that the collection point was "closed". It's a fucking flat, I don't live in a sodding shop or even above one! So I phone again and after a bit of a discussion ("I can only apologise. I can put it down as a failed collection?" etc.) I ask if they've got a depot I can drop it off at. It's 7pm, she gives me the address of the depot, five minutes away, and tells me it shuts at 8. Coat and shoes on, I'm out the door and at the depot, fast as I can get there. Guy tells me the van's gone and there won't be any collections tonight. I tell him that I've booked it for collection, no one turned up and they're supposed to be open tonight until 8pm. He has a think, says "I think there's another van going. What's your post code?". Why tell me there won't be a collection and then suddenly decide that there might be? Cock. Anyway, he takes my parcel and it arrived in Bristol first thing this morning. All's well that ends well but I'm still pissed off I paid for a service that they didn't provide.

So, I email customer service and detail what happened, that no one turned up to collect, and ask them to phone me to discuss as there's actually a lot more to this problem than I was able to provide in the tiny text box on their website. I got an email back today to say "sorry your parcel wasn't delivered in time". Do they even fucking read their emails? I was complaining that no b*****d collected it in the first place!

An absolute fucking shower of a company. I feel like Gunther with the amount of swearing here but I'm past giving a f**k. They've annoyed the hell out of me. I'll be on the phone to them as soon as Christmas is over.

Edited by Mrs M

Had this about a fortnight ago. After 3 attempted deliveries, they take it back to the depot and expect you to collect it but you must take the card with you to do so. Now, the trouble with this is, the first time they tried to deliver, I was home but no attempt was made. I only found out that they'd tried because I got a message from Amazon saying that they'd tried to deliver it, no one was in and they left a card with instructions. It was only when I went into the tracker that I discovered that counted as two attempts as they had logged it twice, just two minutes apart - and no, they hadn't left a bloody card, they hadn't even been to the door. The second day, they had apparently tried again, logged it as a third failed attempt with a card left and expected me to be able to go and collect it, despite the fact that I had absolutely nothing to say that they'd tried, again, other than the tracker on Amazon. I phoned customer service and explained all this and the guy on the phone told me that he would authorise a 4th attempt (despite me pointing out that I'd not actually had three yet, but that's by the by). The next day, I actually got a card through the door to say that they'd delivered it to my neighbour. I was home at the time they'd tried it and they'd not even tried to come to me!

Annoying enough, you might think, but on Monday I had a parcel to send down south. I told myself I would never use City Link again - I told the guy on the phone I would never use them again - and yet found myself in the position on Monday where I needed to. All the other courier service needed me to print the labels and my printer isn't working. I booked it for collection on Tuesday, delivery today. I sat in all day, no one arrived. I used the online tracker where it told me that the collection point was "closed". It's a fucking flat, I don't live in a sodding shop or even above one! So I phone again and after a bit of a discussion ("I can only apologise. I can put it down as a failed collection?" etc.) I ask if they've got a depot I can drop it off at. It's 7pm, she gives me the address of the depot, five minutes away, and tells me it shuts at 8. Coat and shoes on, I'm out the door and at the depot, fast as I can get there. Guy tells me the van's gone and there won't be any collections tonight. I tell him that I've booked it for collection, no one turned up and they're supposed to be open tonight until 8pm. He has a think, says "I think there's another van going. What's your post code?". Why tell me there won't be a collection and then suddenly decide that there might be? Cock. Anyway, he takes my parcel and it arrived in Bristol first thing this morning. All's well that ends well but I'm still pissed off I paid for a service that they didn't provide.

So, I email customer service and detail what happened, that no one turned up to collect, and ask them to phone me to discuss as there's actually a lot more to this problem than I was able to provide in the tiny text box on their website. I got an email back today to say "sorry your parcel wasn't delivered in time". Do they even fucking read their emails? I was complaining that no b*****d collected it in the first place!

An absolute fucking shower of a company. I feel like Gunther with the amount of swearing here but I'm past giving a f**k. They've annoyed the hell out of me. I'll be on the phone to them as soon as Christmas is over.

My deliveries have been pretty good in Inverness, I'm glad about trouble elsewhere though as it gives me a good excuse for buying presents in the Sales instead and pretending the delivery companies cocked up. The thing that annoys me about Amazon is they charge more to deliver to a depot than a home address. It would nice just to pick up all your presents in one go instead of having to hang about the house all week for different deliveries.

My deliveries have been pretty good in Inverness, I'm glad about trouble elsewhere though as it gives me a good excuse for buying presents in the Sales instead and pretending the delivery companies cocked up. The thing that annoys me about Amazon is they charge more to deliver to a depot than a home address. It would nice just to pick up all your presents in one go instead of having to hang about the house all week for different deliveries.

I've found some couriers to be brilliant (DPD and UPS have always been spot on for me) but Yodel and City Link can kiss my arse.

Unfortunately, while I can say I'll never employ the services of either of them again, I can't guarantee that companies I order from won't, and that pisses me off no end. I have Amazon Prime (forgot to cancel free trial, still never been charged for it yet though! :D) so I don't tend to pay for deliveries anyway so it's not as though I'm entitled to refunds if anything does to tits up, it's just such an irritating waste of time that they can't seem to be bothered to do the job that they're paid for and the people that are paying are really over a barrel thanks to their incompetence. I'd love to be able to tell Amazon which courier service they should use but I don't think it works that way!

DPD are great, trackable delivery to the point you can track where the driver is and his or her name!

All delivery companies should look to their standard. UPS are good too but far too expensive.

tl;dr

I've found some couriers to be brilliant (DPD and UPS have always been spot on for me) but Yodel and City Link can kiss my arse.

Unfortunately, while I can say I'll never employ the services of either of them again, I can't guarantee that companies I order from won't, and that pisses me off no end. I have Amazon Prime (forgot to cancel free trial, still never been charged for it yet though! :D) so I don't tend to pay for deliveries anyway so it's not as though I'm entitled to refunds if anything does to tits up, it's just such an irritating waste of time that they can't seem to be bothered to do the job that they're paid for and the people that are paying are really over a barrel thanks to their incompetence. I'd love to be able to tell Amazon which courier service they should use but I don't think it works that way!

Yodel are total cnuts. I don't like Amazon either for various ethical reasons, screwing small publishers and pretending they make all their money in Luxembourg to avoid tax and treating their staff like shit for a start. Unfortunately I've no backbone and use them all the time.

Yodel are total cnuts. I don't like Amazon either for various ethical reasons, screwing small publishers and pretending they make all their money in Luxembourg to avoid tax and treating their staff like shit for a start. Unfortunately I've no backbone and use them all the time.

Yeah, I'm full of morals, I don't buy Nestle, won't use The Body Shop, I refuse the buy The Sun and we only have Sky TV as it's the only option where I live but I'll sack it the second we move to somewhere with an alternative. Show me CDs and handbags at less than half the price of the high street AND save me from having to go and buy them in town myself and I'm all over it like a tramp on chips.

A bunch of absolute c***s.

They claim they have tried to deliver a package to mine 3 separate times on 3 separate days, and have left a card on each occasion. Have they f**k.

Lying, incompetent arseholes.

In fairness I have to scan an Info notice/card when I cannot deliver a parcel but unless I can get the card through the letterbox I do not leave it as anyone can pick it up.UPS like many other companies are now using local shops to drop parcels off and then you can pick them up from there.

Edited by keithgy

In fairness I have to scan an Info notice/card when I cannot deliver a parcel but unless I can get the card through the letterbox I do not leave it as anyone can pick it up.UPS like many other companies are now using local shops to drop parcels off and then you can pick them up from there.

How could you not get a card through a letter box?

Anyone want to take part in the "what time will my wife realise that she has to go to bed so I can wrap her presents" time?

I'm going for either 3am, or the wildcard option B, which is that she doesn't realise, and I don't have time to wrap her presents, and she's not happy that I hand her unwrapped presents tomorrow.

Anyone want to take part in the "what time will my wife realise that she has to go to bed so I can wrap her presents" time?

I'm going for either 3am, or the wildcard option B, which is that she doesn't realise, and I don't have time to wrap her presents, and she's not happy that I hand her unwrapped presents tomorrow.

B. Definitely B.

I was delivery some cards today, i've quickly came to loathe people who have a letterbox at the bottom of the door,

My neighbours letter box is about an inch off the ground, I've posted a card twice to them and it did my head in so god knows what the postman thinks.

Karma is that it flaps around in the wind and bangs and they had to tape it shut, came home one day and it was lying on the driveway after a storm!

No idea why you would buy this, especially when you have a wee dog too?