Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People that feel the need to put a space before an exclamation mark or question mark.

Why is this necessary ? Especially when using multiple exclamation marks !!!!!!

I've noticed that the proper practice of adding two spaces at the end of sentences causes formatting issues on some web pages. One example is when new lines begin with a space, creating an apparent indent in what should be nicely aligned text. Having to remove a space to sort the issue is indeed a fair annoyance.

Liver and heart are a disgrace.

Both require a bit of work, but are delicious when done right. Liver in particular is like nothing else, but can give you the boak easily :green

Wonder how many folk who turn green at the thought of offal will happily eat them in burgers and sausage, along with balls, rectum, and other bits swept up from the slaughterhouse floor :P

I've noticed that the proper practice of adding two spaces at the end of sentences causes formatting issues on some web pages. One example is when new lines begin with a space, creating an apparent indent in what should be nicely aligned text. Having to remove a space to sort the issue is indeed a fair annoyance.

Two spaces after a period went out with the introduction of proportional fonts.

Took me a while to get used to that too.

I've noticed that the proper practice of adding two spaces at the end of sentences causes formatting issues on some web pages.

It hasn't been proper practice for a very long time. It's damn well improper practice now tbh.

Actually, having to Find-Replace double-spaces in documents written by dinosaurs still in typewriterland is my PTTGOYN of the Day.

Edited by banana

Goodnight sweet Swarley.

Can I marry your missus when you snuff it so I can get my visa?

Ah if it's a sham marriage to get your citizenship you are after then I could come to an arrangement. But only if you wear the dress....

My lawyer has been entered into my contacts on speed dial since she came out the assessment in tears.
1355294167791.jpg or 2409buckfastb.jpgcarbunclenomination_299.jpg My thoughts are with you at this most sphincter-twitching time.
:bairn:
Ah if it's a sham marriage to get your citizenship you are after then I could come to an arrangement. But only if you wear the dress....
I think that says a fair bit about your wife's looks, but if that's what it takes, no worries.

I keep reading your posts and picturing a little old Chinese man when I read them.

He is Chinese, you massive lacist. (possibly; I dunno)

Speaking of which, I recently learned that 'Mao' means 'Cat' in Mandarin, which is fairly obvious if you think about it. It does, however, mean that Mao Tse Tung was actually Chairman Cat, or possibly Top Cat, which I find fucking hilarious for some reason. No wonder Officer Dibble was always after him.

Out of curiosity, what did they ask you in the assessment?

It wasn't me, it was her. She's got a hairdressing sponsor so the assessment was 3 hours of questioning on hairdressing techniques and scenarios. Nerves got the better of her by the sounds of it.

They're short on hairdressers down under? :huh:

Immigration rules never fail to amaze. I remember being advised that the easiest way to get residency in the US was to form your own religion, spend a couple of years spreading (and documenting) your gospel, then apply for a visa as a religious worker :lol: