Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm getting married on Saturday, and someone who has known the date for and entire year has informed me today that they can't get time off work, and two other guests asked yesterday if they could bring a plus one, despite me asking them if they wanted to bring anyone about 3 months ago.

People are c*nts, and weddings are terrible.

I'm getting married on Saturday, and someone who has known the date for and entire year has informed me today that they can't get time off work, and two other guests asked yesterday if they could bring a plus one, despite me asking them if they wanted to bring anyone about 3 months ago.

People are c*nts, and weddings are terrible.

I was thinking about this the other day when someone mentioned it. If I ever get to the stage of getting married there's probably less than 20 people I'd actually invite or want there. So my side isn't going to be bad at all. [emoji23]

I was thinking about this the other day when someone mentioned it. If I ever get to the stage of getting married there's probably less than 20 people I'd actually invite or want there. So my side isn't going to be bad at all. [emoji23]

I'm about the same - quite a few friends from when I was young automatically assume I will have a large wedding and want them all there when in reality I have very little interest having them there but will probably just invite them to avoid confrontation.

Would be happier just about 30 people in total tbh.

Weddings are great. I loved my wedding day it was class, but you are correct about people.

The invitations side of it is by a mile the biggest ballache in the planning.

My ex flatmate took the hump that i didnt invite her and her boyfriend despite having not seen them since I moved out.
Since I last saw her i had the new gaff and we had alex. She hadn't even made an effort when he was born yet expected to make final cut for the wedding.
Best thing we did was ordered the food as a buffet ( proper food, not finger food) and let people sit where they wanted. None of the who doesnt like who pish to work around.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm about the same - quite a few friends from when I was young automatically assume I will have a large wedding and want them all there when in reality I have very little interest having them there but will probably just invite them to avoid confrontation.

Are you engaged, Throbs?

I've got a really small family, 7 people at most from there. Then maybe 3/4 from school, double that from uni and a few colleagues I'd imagine. So yeah maybe 30 is a bit closer, but id rather invite people for a reason than just for the sake of it.

Although if I'm still with the current GF, I've got an argument on my hands about wearing a kilt. I'll get my way though.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I've got a really small family, 7 people at most from there. Then maybe 3/4 from school, double that from uni and a few colleagues I'd imagine. So yeah maybe 30 is a bit closer, but id rather invite people for a reason than just for the sake of it.

Although if I'm still with the current GF, I've got an argument on my hands about wearing a kilt. I'll get my way though.

th?&id=OIP.M8890830034ea69255cf5ac00ef61

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Table Table at the Solway Gate Premier Inn need to hurry the f**k up with my food! emoji35.png

You after a dining partner, Miley? The QOS posse will be on their way, assuming you're paying.

35 minutes ago, Widge said:

I was thinking about this the other day when someone mentioned it. If I ever get to the stage of getting married there's probably less than 20 people I'd actually invite or want there. So my side isn't going to be bad at all. emoji23.png

See if i get to the stage with my girlfriend then i know of a massive fight with her family that will happen, they all believe in the sky fairies and her gran has constantly told her since she would be having a religious wedding. Her gran already dissaproves of me to an extent because i was never christened as a child and has told her i must be christened before we marry......

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

See if i get to the stage with my girlfriend then i know of a massive fight with her family that will happen, they all believe in the sky fairies and her gran has constantly told her since she would be having a religious wedding. Her gran already dissaproves of me to an extent because i was never christened as a child and has told her i must be christened before we marry......

At the last count we've got people from Ireland (including some proper full-on nationalists), Northern Ireland (both protestant and Catholic), England, Scotland, the USA, Nigeria and Cameroon.

If we get through the day without some sort of hate crime we'll be doing well.

Brilliant, I've got an image of you being thrown into a lake by members of her family. Well without actually knowing you. :lol:

I never really saw myself as the marriage type tbh, but I'm pretty chilled about things like that, so if it comes to it. Whoever I marry gets her way with little complaint from me, luckily my current Gf is pretty much like me and isn't religious either, so it could work I guess, maybe in like 10 years time of course!