Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

TV channels that flash up their channel ID partway through the ad breaks, so that you stop fast-forwarding only to find that the programme hasn't restarted yet, it's just more adverts or a trailer for something that isn't on until the following week.

Folk who applaud players whilst sitting watching fitba in the pub. At least when Americans applaud a plane landing, the pilot may actually hear them.

I watched the film 'Rein of Fire' in America and at one point a man was applauded by the audience for standing up and shouting 'you kick that dragon's ass'

34 minutes ago, Fudge said:

I watched the film 'Rein of Fire' in America and at one point a man was applauded by the audience for standing up and shouting 'you kick that dragon's ass'

Spoiler alert ffs. 

G-Bo 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

YES! This does my fucking head in. ALL THE TIME!

I lived in England until I was about seven and was always correcting my Scottish parents on their pronunciations, thinking the locals were correct and my folks were wrong. Eg, "it's not Paul Weller it's Paul Wella". or "it's not vicar it's vicka". 

Edited by Shandon Par

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I lived in England until I was about seven and was always correcting my Scottish parents on their pronunciations, thinking the locals were correct and my folks were wrong. Eg, "it's not Paul Weller it's Paul Wella". or "it's not vicar it's vicka". 

In terms of lazy language, one that boils my piss is the way the past participle of "text" seems to have degenerated from "texted" to "text".

It's even worse in a Glasgow accent where you've got that glottal stop thing happening:

"I tex her last night, but she never tex me back till this morning..."