Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just looking for something to watch on TV and discovered BBC4 will be non stop Olympics for however long it lasts.

P.S. The red button used to be for this shite.

Edited by welshbairn

Maybe the commitment to blanket coverage of future Olympics was part of the "legacy" that the UK government spunked billions of quid on for all of our benefit*

*caution - actual benefit may be restricted to c***s that are already rich.

Asking your other half "am I getting sunburnt anywhere?" only to be told "no, just a wee bit of your nose, that's it", then coming home to find the back of your neck a colour redder than a Brechin home strip. Genuinely seething. [emoji35]

On 5 August 2016 at 14:37, Hampden Diehard said:

Old people changing seats in the bus. An old dear's just got on and has been in four seats already.

This x1000000. I've never understood why people just can't stay in the same seat and have to jump up as soon as a double seat becomes available. Even worse when someone who was sitting on their own gets up to get off the bus and someone is already in the vacated seat before they have even got to the front of the bus.

If I am sitting on the aisle seat of a packed bus and it starts to empty, I like to piss people off by staying in my seat rather than moving to a free double seat, and you can see the person starting to get annoyed cos I haven't moved and let them sit on their own!!

Nae dosh. Machines don't swallow cards for no reason.

I'm fairly confident that machines don't swallow cards for not having enough in an account, although there was more than enough for a night out in it.

35 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm fairly confident that machines don't swallow cards for not having enough in an account, although there was more than enough for a night out in it.

Nobody give you a loan?

11 hours ago, IainMorton said:

This x1000000. I've never understood why people just can't stay in the same seat and have to jump up as soon as a double seat becomes available. Even worse when someone who was sitting on their own gets up to get off the bus and someone is already in the vacated seat before they have even got to the front of the bus.

I rarely use the bus these days, but whenever I got on and clocked someone moving from beside someone to a free double-seat, I'd intentionally sit beside them. More often than not, they look furious. Delightful.

Asking your other half "am I getting sunburnt anywhere?" only to be told "no, just a wee bit of your nose, that's it", then coming home to find the back of your neck a colour redder than a Brechin home strip. Genuinely seething. [emoji35]

You should have slapped her for answering "no", then completely contradicting herself by saying your nose.

12 hours ago, IainMorton said:

If I am sitting on the aisle seat of a packed bus and it starts to empty, I like to piss people off by staying in my seat rather than moving to a free double seat, and you can see the person starting to get annoyed cos I haven't moved and let them sit on their own!!

Presumably as a Morton supporter it's a novelty being on a packed bus...   :P

34 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Radio (in this case Radio Jockland) and their need to insert sound effect/clips during short news items in case we dont understand what they are talking about.

Exlempi gratia, an item on some boat that blew over at a fish festival started with the sound of seagulls (yes, we get it, its down at the seaside), the wifey prattles on about the weather (cue windy sounds).  She then tells us there was a creaking noise on board (cue creaking wooden sounds) and then the boat tipped over (cue slight splashy sounds).  However, the locals managed to get boat upright again (cue people applauding).

Infuriating.

MoX2 you tell it so well I feel like it could have been me at said news incident, in fact I've got a splinter ***soft screech sound***. 

G-Bo 

On 06/08/2016 at 00:06, IainMorton said:

Weird wee wifie got on our train last week, proceeded to open about half a dozen or more windows all around where she was sitting, then got up and moved into the next carriage, all within the space of about two minutes.

Either somebody had farted a beauty down that end of the carriage or she was marching to the beat of her own drum.

2 hours ago, Mozzamozza said:

Radio (in this case Radio Jockland) and their need to insert sound effect/clips during short news items in case we dont understand what they are talking about.

Exlempi gratia, an item on some boat that blew over at a fish festival started with the sound of seagulls (yes, we get it, its down at the seaside), the wifey prattles on about the weather (cue windy sounds).  She then tells us there was a creaking noise on board (cue creaking wooden sounds) and then the boat tipped over (cue slight splashy sounds).  However, the locals managed to get boat upright again (cue people applauding).

Infuriating.

They're probably wishing the glory days of radio theater would return.

The Beeb should try to bring it back; it'd end like that one episode of Frasier, with everyone going off-script and the director having to murder them.

Summer rain, how I wanted to cut the grass & hang out the washing. 

G-Bo 

ETA those clouds look like they are full of summer rain to me. 

Edited by Grim O'Grady
Fat thumb syndrome