Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

43 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Spent ages redoing my cv to apply for a decently paid job with no qualifications in Perth. Advertised on indeed, proceed to site and no reference of it being in Perth, only Dunfermline and Glasgow. I can't afford to travel or move locations yet. Wasted my morning for a clickbait on a jobsite.

Aviva or SSE not recruiting?

16 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Her and her family are also those sorts of wierdos who leave the foil on margarine tubs after opening. Whenever I broach the subject they just shrug their shoulders and walk off muttering something like "oh I dont know". 

It's only utter scum who leave the foil on a tub of marg after its open.  The lid put on securely like a normal human being will suffice.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's only utter scum who leave the foil on a tub of marg after its open.  The lid put on securely like a normal human being will suffice.

I'm married to one of these leaving foil-on weirdos. I ask her about it and she shrugs like I'm the deviant. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

My family do this, it's bizarre how much it enrages me. I'm convinced there was a mix up with babies in the hospital I was born in.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

These lunatics must be under some sort of delusion that it keeps the margarine fresher than just the lid. There should be some sort of internment camps for these borderline psychopaths.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely once you have removed the foil to gain access to the butter the lazy thing to do would be to leave it lying butter side down on the worktop rather than wasting time and energy reinstalling it.

Hope that helps.

She peels it back a wee bit. Doesn't take it right off.

Nova Scotia giving it the whole 'New Scotland' thing yet calling their counties things like Halifax, Colchester, Yarmouth, Cumberland etc.

Not forgetting towns
Liverpool, Manchester, Windsor, Oxford, Chester, Dartmouth, Bedford, Enfield... probaby a few more around too.
We do have however
Aberdeen which is in Inverness county in the Cape breton area ... where a lot of signage on roads signs and shops are in Gaelic and English. ( they are big on their Scottish heritage there )
Also there's a New Glasgow... but not much more than that.

27 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Not forgetting towns
Liverpool, Manchester, Windsor, Oxford, Chester, Dartmouth, Bedford, Enfield... probaby a few more around too.
We do have however
Aberdeen which is in Inverness county in the Cape breton area ... where a lot of signage on roads signs and shops are in Gaelic and English. ( they are big on their Scottish heritage there )

With the 1713 Treaty of Utrecht, the area now called Nova Scotia became a British colony, and names established thereafter reflect that affiliation: Halifax, Shelburne, Durham, Cumberland, Cornwallis and Dartmouth are all named after Dukes, Earls, or officers whose influence or ownership reached to the new settlements.

http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~cpercy/courses/6362-bland.htm

28 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Not forgetting towns
We do have however

My pal from primary school moved to Nova Scotia - namely a place called Jimtown. Probably full of Rab C Nesbitts.