Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 25/02/2017 at 11:52, Aidan said:

You probably could have just pressed the button. It would have saved you having to go to the effort of acting like an absolute fucking cretin and acting violently towards a guy who is obviously just doing his job.

A bus driver who drives by bus stops when a passenger stands up obviously wanting to get off is doing his job right?

On 25/02/2017 at 12:12, 19QOS19 said:

Not to go all Psychologist, but why do you think that behaviour's acceptable? I see fuckwittery like this on a weekly basis and wonder if folk get a kick from it/haven't any idea they're behaving in such a way/don't know any different. I don't think I've ever went out my way to intentionally upset another human being for no real reason.

The button is there for a reason. If you were standing next to the driver the very least you could do is ask him to let you off. It's not his responsibility to know where passengers are going. If it was there wouldn't be a fucking bell!

Not once did I say my behaviour was acceptable. As I said before it was red mist, I'm not a thug or violent person it was a one off. I said to the driver once I realised he was blatantly ignoring that I wanted off does he not stop at bus stops ? I did not press the bell but not everyone presses the bell its pretty obvious someone wants off if they get up and stand next to the driver as I witness it everyday.

To be fair bus drivers can be awkward I pressed the button once and the driver went past my stop and accused me of not pressing the button even though I clearly had and it lit up bus stopping! 

Also recently got on a firstbus recently for a short journey and was told £1.40 then as I got off the driver said it was £2.15 to here actually....bit late mate.

23 minutes ago, (._.) said:

Yes. What happens when there are standing passengers on the bus. Is he expected to stop at every stop and go through all the passengers seeing if anyone wants off? 

I'd press the button like I usually do. The bus I was on even though busy had nobody standing so was obvious I wanted off and the driver knew I wanted off and confirmed with his glance in the mirror that suggested shit that guy wants off followed by his smart arse remark when I said do you not stop at bus stops today.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People who go to the football and talk incessantly the whole time and not even about football.  Not the usual ST holders behind me yesterday but folk they had given their tickets to.  Knew nothing about the team and little about football in general.  Spent their time taking about mortgages, family, TV programmes; fucking annoying.

You should be grateful for it drowning out the sound of the knitting needles.

On 24/02/2017 at 09:17, Honest_Man#1 said:

A&E receptionists as well. Remember breaking my wrist for the second time and going in and this arsehole receptionist got seething that I'd assumed I'd broken my wrist, despite being in agony and having done it before so knowing exactly what it felt like.

"What's happened?"

"I think I've broken my wrist"

"We'll be the judge of that, I asked you what happened"

Twat.

I was bitten by a dog on a Saturday morning about a month back so off to hospital I went. I was staying temporarily on a farm and the owners dog went for me as I was leaving the grounds and took a chunk out my leg. Got to reception at hospital and the conversation went something like this:

Her: What happened?

Me: I've been bitten by a dog.

Her: Was it in the house or outside?

Me: Outside.

Her: Okay, on the street then?

Me: No, I'm staying on a farm at the moment and happened just as I left the house.

Her: :wacko: 

Me: :huh:

Her: I don't have an option for "happened on a farm" here. I'll just put it happened in the house.

Me: But I was outside?

Her: Aye, it doesn't really matter the doctor will ask you this anyway and you can just explain.

Me:  Image result for angry gif

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Highlights commentators who tell you there's going to be a goal at the start of a run-up.

I rather like the 15 sec suspense rather than "Mansfield then took the lead on 80 mins. A cleared ball at the other end sent Joe Bloggs clear, who sent it out to John Smith who's delicate cross found their top striker at the edge of the box, unleashing a shot into the bottom corner." Could have been a save there like, but cheers for telling me it wasn't.

What's worse is highlights programmes which tell you all the results as they do the wee montage at the start of the programme. ITV are bad for it with their Champions League stuff, I'm usually out on a Tuesday and Wednesday night and can easily avoid the scores, making watching the highlights a wee bit more exciting than they normally are. "Disappointing night for Arsenal as they're hammered in Munich, but it was goals galore for Man City as they ran out winners at home". Thanks, Mark Pougatch, the news programme which was on before your stupid face conveniently told me to "look away now" if I didn't want to know the results but here you are to ruin it for everyone 30 seconds later, you fucking p***k.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was bitten by a dog on a Saturday morning about a month back so off to hospital I went. I was staying temporarily on a farm and the owners dog went for me as I was leaving the grounds and took a chunk out my leg. Got to reception at hospital and the conversation went something like this:

Me: No, I'm staying on a farm at the moment and happened just as I left the house.

Her: I don't have an option for "happened on a farm" here. I'll just put it happened in the house.

Her: Aye, it doesn't really matter the doctor will ask you this anyway and you can just explain.

What's worse is highlights programmes which tell you all the results as they do the wee montage at the start of the programme. ITV are bad for it with their Champions League stuff, I'm usually out on a Tuesday and Wednesday night and can easily avoid the scores, making watching the highlights a wee bit more exciting than they normally are. "Disappointing night for Arsenal as they're hammered in Munich, but it was goals galore for Man City as they ran out winners at home". Thanks, Mark Pougatch, the news programme which was on before your stupid face conveniently told me to "look away now" if I didn't want to know the results but here you are to ruin it for everyone 30 seconds later, you fucking p***k.

Agreed.

The best thing about MOTD is seeing the random sub come on and trying to guess if he will score the winner or be sent off.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

the news programme which was on before your stupid face conveniently told me to "look away now" if I didn't want to know the results

Of course, this brings up the PTTGOYN regarding these people assuming that the majority of people are deaf.  The f***ers barely give you enough time to pick up the remote before blurting out the scores, never mind leaving the room.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Of course, this brings up the PTTGOYN regarding these people assuming that the majority of people are deaf.  The f***ers barely give you enough time to pick up the remote before blurting out the scores, never mind leaving the room.

Correct. c***s, the lot.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Do they treat dog bites indoors differently than dog bites outdoors? :blink:

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

Do they treat dog bites indoors differently than dog bites outdoors? :blink:

I thought it was a strange question at the time but assumed it must be for some reason. Clearly it doesn't matter a jot though as the nurse who saw me couldn't have cared less where I was when I was bitten.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I thought it was a strange question at the time but assumed it must be for some reason. Clearly it doesn't matter a jot though as the nurse who saw me couldn't have cared less where I was when I was bitten.

It's probably just for statistics, rather than being anything to do with the treatment. 

My cousin rolled his Renault 5 Turbo (blast from the past thread for this pish). He was okay but when he got out a sheepdog bit him on the ankle and he had to go to hospital. 

Guys who make a performance out of taking a pish in public toilets, unbuckling belts and God knows what else.

There's no need for this attention-seeking behaviour. Spaver down, bobby out, take a pish, bobby back in, spaver up. And don't forget to wash your hands...

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Guys who make a performance out of taking a pish in public toilets, unbuckling belts and God knows what else.

There's no need for this attention-seeking behaviour. Spaver down, bobby out, take a pish, bobby back in, spaver up. And don't forget to wash your hands...

I agree with this despite having no idea what a 'spaver' is.

Baws in or oot?

Well they evidently have an audience...

The number of folk who don't wash their hands in my work is disturbing. "Ahm no pishin aw o'er ma hands so whit dae ah need tae wash them fur" being the usual jakie response. It takes 20 seconds and people don't think you're revolting, just do it.

The toilets in our work are unbelievably cold which is a PTTGOMN. You go for a shite and come back with frost bite in winter. I'm sure they purposely make it that cold to stop folk sitting in there to waste time, but still I'd like to be able to take a shite without having to spend my wages on thermals to be sure I survive.