Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I didn't learn to drive when I was 17 because I was into birds and pubs, not cars. Cars are dull. As is driving. I've always preferred commuting, walking and drinking.

Not wanting to get involved in this beautiful spat, but the above made me think of a PTTGOMN. "You don't drive?!" Like I'm a idiot. Do I f**k! At 17 I could spend £40 on a two hour driving lesson or a few hours in the pub with sound c***s and birds. Lived in a big city for nearly a decade now, commuting is easy, live walking distance from work and still enjoy the pub. It would take some very drastic life changes which I don't forecast for me to learn to drive...

Not wanting to get involved in this beautiful spat, but the above made me think of a PTTGOMN. "You don't drive?!" Like I'm a idiot. Do I f**k! At 17 I could spend £40 on a two hour driving lesson or a few hours in the pub with sound c***s and birds. Lived in a big city for nearly a decade now, commuting is easy, live walking distance from work and still enjoy the pub. It would take some very drastic life changes which I don't forecast for me to learn to drive...

Exactly the same as me. Always lived within walking or commuting distance of all the places I've worked, various leisure pursuits etc. Only doing it now as it helps the wife out with the kids.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

I didn't pass my test until I was 40 and moved out of London. There was never any need before. I only use the car now when there isn't an easy public transport option.

I always found the sign as you head into North Ayrshire after Wemyss Bay a bit weird. It says "Gateway to Arran"

Is the best you can do to sell your area of the country is "It's so good here the best thing we can say about it is it's the best place to get somewhere else"

Well the area is Ayrshire and the visitors are leaving the glorious Clyde Riviera*, so that's all they've got really.

* Also the export capital of Scotland

1491647525954.jpg

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't pass my test until I was 40 and moved out of London. There was never any need before. I only use the car now when there isn't an easy public transport option.

37 for me, for all the same reasons. Mates try to wind me up about my shite car. I can never remember what kind it is. The only thing that concerns me is it gets me to the train station dry.

Cardboard cut out policemen in shops, normally seen at great front of shops like Poundland or B&Ms.
article-2583323-1C61A15100000578-443_634x1190.jpg

There are a lot of these lying around Cheltenham train station. My favourite is in the ticket office, where it's obviously been stuck to a box as it looks about 10 foot tall

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well I pretty much do, I'm not sure where the exact boundary is though

A couple of miles away from where you live is where the Leith boundary starts.