Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Conductors on trains that check tickets just after leaving Central where you've had to get through the barriers. What a waste of time!

The barriers don't inform the conductor of the destination though. I generally skim but need to have an idea where kids/drunks/disabled people are getting off so I know to give extra time at their stop. I don't think it would be ethical to just approach these people to find out where they're going. Plus, you'd be surprised by the amount of people who get on the wring train and are completely oblivious to it :lol:

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The barriers don't inform the conductor of the destination though. I generally skim but need to have an idea where kids/drunks/disabled people are getting off so I know to give extra time at their stop. I don't think it would be ethical to just approach these people to find out where they're going. Plus, you'd be surprised by the amount of people who get on the wring train and are completely oblivious to it :lol:

Hope your not one of the conductors that uses the wee hole punch on people's tickets rather than just have a look at it to check it's a valid ticket. They give conductors a bad name.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Working in London:

"I've met one of your colleagues from Glasgow, do you know him?"

"I've been to Edinburgh once"

"Is it cold up there?"

Every single time I work here. f**k. Off.

Say, "I'm so sorry, I don't understand a word you're saying. Is that cockney?"

Hope your not one of the conductors that uses the wee hole punch on people's tickets rather than just have a look at it to check it's a valid ticket. They give conductors a bad name.

I just look at them. I don't have a hole punch anyway (and didn't think any Scotrail conductor did). If the black strip gets damaged they won't work at the barriers so they did away with them.

A wee boy was devastated the other day because I couldn't put a hole in his ticket. He wanted it to be like The Polar Express :lol:

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I just look at them. I don't have a hole punch anyway (and didn't think any Scotrail conductor did). If the black strip gets damaged they won't work at the barriers so they did away with them.

A wee boy was devastated the other day because I couldn't put a hole in his ticket. He wanted it to be like The Polar Express :lol:

Doesn't happen often but I was on a train from Glasgow to Paisley on Saturday and the guy did it.. he probably brought the hole punch from home :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Cerberus said:

People on the gym weight machines who let the handle go mid-height so the weights smash together.
If you can't let them down gently then they're too heavy.

I must say I've found myself doing this sometimes, usually accompanied by a loud "f**k off" or "f**k's sake". Must just be the adrenalin/lack of oxygen to the brain. Used to find it quite motivating if doing bag work to growl at the bag and call it a c**t whilst hitting it. Will try and reign in such enthusiastic/caveman behaviour in future.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:08, throbber said:

Well you're on your feet a lot and will cover quite some distance over the big competitions, you don't see that many golfers that are fat and out of shape either.  The technical side of golf requires strength and coordination as well. 

You can fit a huge amount of booze in a golf bag. Seems the ideal sport for you.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I must say I've found myself doing this sometimes, usually accompanied by a loud "f**k off" or "f**k's sake". Must just be the adrenalin/lack of oxygen to the brain. Used to find it quite motivating if doing bag work to growl at the bag and call it a c**t whilst hitting it. Will try and reign in such enthusiastic/caveman behaviour in future.

The only thing I growl at at the gym is the little c***s who hog the benches sitting staring at social media on their phones. Phones should only be used for the stopwatch or changing tunes while on a bench. This little arsehole was sat for a good 10 minutes the other day on Facebook before getting up and wandering away. Luckily I already had a bench or else I would've, erm, been very cross and possibly tutted very loudly.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is a hole punch worse than a kick in the pie?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

The only thing I growl at at the gym is the little c***s who hog the benches sitting staring at social media on their phones. Phones should only be used for the stopwatch or changing tunes while on a bench. This little arsehole was sat for a good 10 minutes the other day on Facebook before getting up and wandering away. Luckily I already had a bench or else I would've, erm, been very cross and possibly tutted very loudly.

We have them at the gym I go to. They hog the mats rather than the benches though, they just lie there listening to their music or playing on the phone and do f**k all. b*****d students.

The display Juventus put on tonight, while impressive, included the hashtag plastered across the pitch-side stand in English #ITSTIME . 

I reserve the right to withdraw this PTTGOYN if it turns out to actually be an Italian phrase as well.

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Point scoring and whataboutery galore it's fucking horrendous.

There are, though, some serious discussions that need to take place about it.  Hopefully in a sane way.  I reopened the topic over here:

10 hours ago, deej said:

The display Juventus put on tonight, while impressive, included the hashtag plastered across the pitch-side stand in English #ITSTIME . 

I reserve the right to withdraw this PTTGOYN if it turns out to actually be an Italian phrase as well.

A.png.6359e8f52839fc865205367f23b989fc.png