Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Thanks for filling me full of joy everyone. I've not even got to the stage of packing yet and I'm a seething mess, looks like I have a nervous breakdown to look forward to.

The stress of moving for me came to a head when I started shouting at the self service scanner in Asda. "GIVE ME A FUCKIN CHANCE" escaped before I realised I was getting angry and had been for a few days. Felt better after it though.

5 hours ago, Jambomo said:

1) Being asked why I don't have any kids yet but a nosy auld c**t in the office.

2) When I said its because I don't like kids and don't want any, being told I should have them because other peoples kids shouldn't have to look after me when I'm old. Right, OK, this is from the old guy whose kids have fucked off abroad, doubt they'll be back to look after him.

Fucking w****r.

I'm aye getting that, in one ear and oot the other...

24 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

The stress of moving for me came to a head when I started shouting at the self service scanner in Asda. "GIVE ME A FUCKIN CHANCE" escaped before I realised I was getting angry and had been for a few days. Felt better after it though.

I don't use those scanners due to many such arguments with them. 'I have put the fuckin item in the fuckin bag!' before just leaving all the stuff and walking out in a manic strop.

Checkout operators asking repeatedly if I want bags when I shove the shopping straight back in the trolley (to be transferred to some plastic crates that I keep in the car). On occasion I reply deadpan "No thanks, I'm just going to push the trolley home". One time I was informed that wouldn't work because the magnetic whatsit in the car park would kick in and lock the wheels (does that happen? Never known it to happen) to which I replied "No problem, I'll just carry it on my shoulders" and strolled off.

You're the kind of person shop assistants tweet about.

Checkout operators asking repeatedly if I want bags when I shove the shopping straight back in the trolley (to be transferred to some plastic crates that I keep in the car). On occasion I reply deadpan "No thanks, I'm just going to push the trolley home". One time I was informed that wouldn't work because the magnetic whatsit in the car park would kick in and lock the wheels (does that happen? Never known it to happen) to which I replied "No problem, I'll just carry it on my shoulders" and strolled off.

I can confirm going over the magnetic strip causes the wheel to lock. But going around the strip doesn't effect it.

I know all the tricks B)

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1495205327.209438.jpg

'Bigly'
bigly.png.thumb.jpg.5cc51ed04bbf21fb83ce2cfe74638e04.jpg

The bigly thing was just him saying 'big league' really fast. I saw a load of clips from him through the years and he says big league all the fucking time. It was like a catchphrase and by the end of the clips he was pretty much just saying bigly for short.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

The bigly thing was just him saying 'big league' really fast. I saw a load of clips from him through the years and he says big league all the fucking time. It was like a catchphrase and by the end of the clips he was pretty much just saying bigly for short.

Who are you on about?

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Donald Trump using the term bigly.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought that's what you were pointing out...

In this instance it was the BBC using it, about voting in the UK. They might have been using it as a laugh because Trump has used it, but that wasn't clear 

How many shop assistants do you follow? (On twitter, not home).

A few folk I went to school with and are going through uni, and many others who are retweeted onto my timeline.

Mainly people from the latter category are the ones you see tweeting about how much they hate their job/colleagues/customers, which is always a smart move IMO.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

In Tesco once you've scanned your shopping at the self service and hit 'pay' it says "Scan your Clubcard to win Clubcard points".

Win? It's not a fucking contest where you might get 10000000 points for buying a can of juice. You don't 'win' Clubcard points; they're given to you, at a pre-determined rate, depending on how much you spend.

I'm pretty sure it's,  "Scan your Clubcard to earn Clubcard points" which is annoying/misleading in itself but not as bad as 'win' would be.

Edit my supermarket moan...1.  the couple 2 in front of me bought a tub of fruit salad for their wee lassie.  They then proceeded to open it and each take some while the cashier was waiting for them to pack their messages and pay.  c***s.  2. The mother/daughter directly in front of me had bought a medium tub of Ben and Jerries', asked the cashier if she had plastic spoons they could use then harangued her for suggesting they could go back to one of the aisles and buy a pack.  Total c***s.

Edited by The_Kincardine