Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

The BBC, and all the sad fuckers who turned up in person, all getting a semi over Big Ben going silent for 4 years.

"What does it matter if the workers go deaf? You can always get more workers! But Big Ben is a symbol! It's tradition!"

32 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

People doing easy things, telling you about it and standing waiting for a reaction. Better still emailing all round the work with photos.

Eg Kilt Walk, climbing Ben Nevis, walking across the Tay Bridge and back.

Mentioned this recently in relation to the Forth Road Bridge. Dressing in a onesie whilst doing it also seems to be de-rigeur. 

41 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

People doing easy things, telling you about it and standing waiting for a reaction. Better still emailing all round the work with photos.

Definitely annoying, especially when they ask for your hard earned cash as sponsorship. I used to work with a guy who was well into cycling and was always asking for sponsorship for some bike ride or another which eventually pissed people off. Cycling was his hobby - someone pointed out to him that their hobby was going to the pub on a Friday/Saturday evening and asked whether he'd like to sponsor that!

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

My brother and his wife did a Kilt Walk and were looking for sponsorship money for it. When I found out what it actually was a threw them a fiver, he is my brother after all, however when they were on the walk it came past my house and I went out to see them as they were walking past. Both of them stood there laughing, utterly pished, taking turns to swig whisky from a hip flask and had great delight in telling me they stopped at a pal's house about half an hour previous for a BBQ. Sponsored to get pished in the street.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My brother and his wife did a Kilt Walk and were looking for sponsorship money for it. When I found out what it actually was a threw them a fiver, he is my brother after all, however when they were on the walk it came past my house and I went out to see them as they were walking past. Both of them stood there laughing, utterly pished, taking turns to swig whisky from a hip flask and had great delight in telling me they stopped at a pal's house about half an hour previous for a BBQ. Sponsored to get pished in the street.

Thank f**k those Orange b*****ds haven't worked out they can look for sponsorship for walking pissed in the street.

Edited by MEADOWXI

10 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Thank f**k those Orange b*****ds haven't worked out they can look for sponsorship for walking pissed in the street.

The only ones who would support them are the people who let their club die so they're unlikely to part with any money.

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see you have a new avatar.  A black person no less.

I just see a well-dressed, well-spoken chap in my avatar. 

I must dig out some of my other insults from Grangemouth Bairn for you amusement/approval. They were mainly asterisked. He really has me pinned down as some sort of Camp Kommandant. 

55 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I just see a well-dressed, well-spoken chap in my avatar. 

I must dig out some of my other insults from Grangemouth Bairn for you amusement/approval. They were mainly asterisked. He really has me pinned down as some sort of Camp Kommandant. 

I knew you were fucking gay.

33 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I knew you were fucking gay.

I'd happily take that over being called a racist! 

My PTTGOYN...

My dear wife woke up in a bad mood this morning and started having a go at me over a girl with whom I occasionally had rumpy pumpy, before I started seeing my now wife. A 17 year grudge, re-awoken out of the blue. 

I'd happily take that over being called a racist! 
My PTTGOYN...
My dear wife woke up in a bad mood this morning and started having a go at me over a girl with whom I occasionally had rumpy pumpy, before I started seeing my now wife. A 17 year grudge, re-awoken out of the blue. 

Probably woke up thinking I've had it with this racist, loafer wearing jessy and just used that as an excuse to have a go at you. You and dug deserve better, go to throbbers for a bit.

10 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Probably woke up thinking I've had it with this racist, loafer wearing jessy and just used that as an excuse to have a go at you. You and dug deserve better, go to 

Jeez, that was about it word for word. "Go and live alone with your dog" was mentioned.