Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Your mum likes my cooking

That must be nice. I could swear your mum just humours my cooking so that il rattle her.....

Probably. I doubt she'd be able to taste it that much since she'd be pished as usual.

Your mum appreciates my culinary skills before I make sweet love to her.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Probably. I doubt she'd be able to taste it that much since she'd be pished as usual.
Your mum appreciates my culinary skills before I make sweet love to her.

Stellaboz Pmd me and said yer lasagne is shite

No he didn't.

Stop lying. Why are you lying?

I’m with @NJ2 here. I spend £5+ every day at work, it saves me the time of cooking up big batches of stuff and having to carry them into work on the train in the mornings. I used to also buy breakfast stuff but have recently started bringing in homemade granola (girlfriend makes it or I’d still be buying stuff) with a wee yoghurt pot. However, I also hate eatin the same things every day so the idea of making a big lasagne and eating it 3 days in a row sounds awful to me, and don’t get me started on shitehole sandwiches or cup a soup type efforts - utterly depressing.

I’m happy enough to pay for nice food tbh. I’d say it’s about 30% laziness, 70% wanting to eat nice stuff.

I’m with [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] here. I spend £5+ every day at work, it saves me the time of cooking up big batches of stuff and having to carry them into work on the train in the mornings. I used to also buy breakfast stuff but have recently started bringing in homemade granola (girlfriend makes it or I’d still be buying stuff) with a wee yoghurt pot. However, I also hate eatin the same things every day so the idea of making a big lasagne and eating it 3 days in a row sounds awful to me, and don’t get me started on shitehole sandwiches or cup a soup type efforts - utterly depressing.
I’m happy enough to pay for nice food tbh. I’d say it’s about 30% laziness, 70% wanting to eat nice stuff.

Thank you, brother.

A filled roll/ sandwich, packet of crisps, chocolate biscuit, piece of fruit for packed lunch saves you a fortune. Prepare it during the six minutes it takes for your porridge to simmer in the morning and it sets you up for the day...

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying lunch every working day. I've just decided I was fed up of the cost and would rather save the cash for something better. Since taking rolls to work I've noticed I'm not as hungry as I used to think I was. I take two rolls but find one generally fills me in the morning and I'll maybe have the other later on. I don't have a lunch hour so eat at strange times, but in the past I'd get a footlong subway or a KFC/McDs and eat it because I thought I'd better fill up. It seems I don't need as much as I thought.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying lunch every working day. I've just decided I was fed up of the cost and would rather save the cash for something better. Since taking rolls to work I've noticed I'm not as hungry as I used to think I was. I take two rolls but find one generally fills me in the morning and I'll maybe have the other later on. I don't have a lunch hour so eat at strange times, but in the past I'd get a footlong subway or a KFC/McDs and eat it because I thought I'd better fill up. It seems I don't need as much as I thought.

Do you not get free left overs from the trolley?

I've experimented with taking stuff into work, but without more planning than I feel the project deserves,  it all too often descends into a choice between cheese or cheese the following day.

A mate of mine at work used to bring in the same thing every single day before he got married - boiled egg and raw onion sandwiches. He gave me one to try once and they were surprisingly good, but by Christ, they stank.

People down the far end of an open plan office would sniff the air about noon and roll their eyes:

"f**k, Smiddy's opened his pieces..."

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m with @NJ2 here. I spend £5+ every day at work, it saves me the time of cooking up big batches of stuff and having to carry them into work on the train in the mornings. I used to also buy breakfast stuff but have recently started bringing in homemade granola (girlfriend makes it or I’d still be buying stuff) with a wee yoghurt pot. However, I also hate eatin the same things every day so the idea of making a big lasagne and eating it 3 days in a row sounds awful to me, and don’t get me started on shitehole sandwiches or cup a soup type efforts - utterly depressing.

Maybe if you made your own lunch you could afford a car and not worry about getting the train. 

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Lasagne is easy to make and lasts a while (I make a good one; ask Stellaboz; also the secret is to sprinkle some parmesan or other hard Italian cheese on top just before cooking for a nice crispy topping.

:lol: