Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The truth hurts. Could jump ship and become a Jambo but would rather sever my genitals and feed them to a polar bear than wear maroon or listen to Scott Wilson. 

At least Dunfermline's just over the Firth. Otherwise I'd say follow the Spartans, just mind and leave your pets at home.

10 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Folk putting their qualifications after their name in emails and letters. f**k off

Henry Hill. Scotvec Football Module Cert.

This really bugs me too. One or two in our office have it on a nameplate on their door as well.

Similarly - colleagues who put the exclamation mark on their emails to gain extra attention, or folk who actually put "Urgent" or "Please Read" in the subject box as if they've lost all awareness of how an email works.

Or colleagues who feel the need to advertise that they are "working from home" fourteen times a day.

I hate offices, think i'll go back on the tools.

The truth hurts. Could jump ship and become a Jambo but would rather sever my genitals and feed them to a polar bear than wear maroon or listen to Scott Wilson. 

Thanks for your interest but we’re not looking for any other fans at this moment. Although, this will be dealt with on a case to case basis. All the best with your future endeavours.

6 minutes ago, Myko said:

Or colleagues who feel the need to advertise that they are "working from home" fourteen times a day.

I hate offices, think i'll go back on the tools.

7.00am, all team, inconsequential email is absolutely guaranteed from some of the mugs. Followed by another at 6.00pm.

Aye right, you've worked 11 hours solid, we believe you.

I sent one to my boss about yield and rental per calendar month to let him know I was watching Homes Under the Hammer.

Phone call today...

hello sir this is blah blah at accident emergency centre

ok

you have had an accident

have I?

yes in your motor vehicle 

really that's surprising  as I don't drive

no sir what I mean I said you've had an accident at work

youre trying to scam me aren't you?

what company are you from

accident emergency centre

your company is called accident repair centre?

yes

whats your address

thank you sir good day

:lol:

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Phone call today...

ok

you have had an accident

have I?

yes

whats your address

thank you sir good day

Hope I remember to say next time, "Oh Jesus, thank God you called, is the Ambulance near? Losing a lot of blood...... where's my fucking leg!?!"

35 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Phone call today...

ok

you have had an accident

have I?

yes

whats your address

thank you sir good day

Imagine being called “blah blah” :lol: 

Trolling cold calls could be a new hobby.

I done it once. Boy was trying to tell me if I had £5k debt he could consolidate it and get me 10% back. I told him I didn’t have debt but was happy to go with his figure and was willing to give him my address if he was able to just send cash. He kept re-explaining, I just kept asking what amount of cash he could send. He hung up on me [emoji17]

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Trolling cold calls could be a new hobby.

I've got into the habit of saying "Oh great, I'm glad you called. Yes, I would like to talk to you so just give one moment and I'll be right with you." Then I lay the phone down and carry on with whatever I was doing. Often, after about 30 seconds you'll hear them saying "Hello, hello? Are you still there?" Then I'll pick the phone back up and say "Yes, just another moment. I do want to talk to you." They're often dinged if their average call time is beyond the company mandated limit so I enjoy seeing how long I can string them along for. If nothing else; it stops them hassling someone else for a little while.

Edited by Shotgun

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I've got into the habit of saying "Oh great, I'm glad you called. Yes, I would like to talk to you so just give one moment and I'll be right with you." Then I lay the phone down and carry on with whatever I was doing. Often, after about 30 seconds you'll hear them saying "Hello, hello? Are you still there?" Then I'll pick the phone back up and say "Yes, just another moment. I do want to talk to you." They're often dinged if their average call time is beyond the company mandated limit so I enjoy seeing how long I can string them along for. If nothing else; it saves them hassling someone else for a little while.

What would be great would be having two lines so you could connect them to each other. The poor sods in the call centres are probably earning f**k all and getting abused all day, so maybe hanging up is enough, but I caught them trying to get my Dad with early alzheimers to give them remote access to his computer, pretending to be Microsoft Security, so my empathy is limited.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The poor sods in the call centres are probably earning f**k all and getting abused all day, so maybe hanging up is enough, but I caught them trying to get my Dad with early alzheimers to give them remote access to his computer, pretending to be Microsoft Security, so my empathy is limited.

This. For most of us it's merely annoying but those pond-life make their money off people like your Dad. Boiling's too good for them.

Do people still answer these calls?

I must say if you're daft enough to answer what do you expect to happen?

I don't have a house phone as we both have mobiles and when a number rings I don't recognise it gets a quick Google to see what I've missed.

Once it's confirmed as spam I block the number.

My Samsung also automatically checks the number if it's not from an area code to tell me if the call is spam or not what I thought was a fantastic feature.

I'm actually pretty fed up of people telling me they are sick of getting harassed on the house phone and yet they still have 1.

It's 2018.  Get the house phone to f**k

A few years back I had one of the calls that started "Congratulations, you've won a new fitted kitchen"

I pretended to get really excited, shouting at my missus that we'd won and generally going tonto.

He then tried to explain that I needed to buy double glazing to be entered into a draw to win a kitchen.

I now pretended to be confused and upset, telling my missus that our debt problems were going to get worse as I had to buy double glazing . Almost crying. 

He still tried to arrange for a quote to be done. 

I then told him to f**k off

The increasing amount of bad journalism - quoted from some internet article -

"However, your bag is more likely to be misplaced if you have a connection. The report showed that 47% of delayed bags were in the process of being transferred to another flight".

Therefore, 53%  of misplaced bags are not on a connecting flight.  So the opening statement is totally wrong.