Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The increasing amount of bad journalism - quoted from some internet article -

"However, your bag is more likely to be misplaced if you have a connection. The report showed that 47% of delayed bags were in the process of being transferred to another flight".

Therefore, 53%  of misplaced bags are not on a connecting flight.  So the opening statement is totally wrong.

This. Its so annoying.

BBC article on French homelessness yesterday. 

2/3 of French people think homeless ness is a failure of systems.

In the UK we have a much less tolerant view on the subject with a recent study showing 35% if Brits believe the indivudual has made bad choices. 

Those figures are pretty much identical to the French ones, you fucking dolt.

Edited by whiskychimp

Do people still answer these calls?
I must say if you're daft enough to answer what do you expect to happen?
I don't have a house phone as we both have mobiles and when a number rings I don't recognise it gets a quick Google to see what I've missed.
Once it's confirmed as spam I block the number.
My Samsung also automatically checks the number if it's not from an area code to tell me if the call is spam or not what I thought was a fantastic feature.
I'm actually pretty fed up of people telling me they are sick of getting harassed on the house phone and yet they still have 1.
It's 2018.  Get the house phone to f**k

Quite a lot of victim blaming going on in that post.

I still have a house phone. Mainly for my mum and dad. They also use video messaging but house phones are what old people like.

You still get nuisance phone calls on the mobile - usually ambulance chasing mobs - and a lot of these calls show up as a local area codes on my mobile.

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Do people still answer these calls?

I must say if you're daft enough to answer what do you expect to happen?

I don't have a house phone as we both have mobiles and when a number rings I don't recognise it gets a quick Google to see what I've missed.

Once it's confirmed as spam I block the number.

My Samsung also automatically checks the number if it's not from an area code to tell me if the call is spam or not what I thought was a fantastic feature.

I'm actually pretty fed up of people telling me they are sick of getting harassed on the house phone and yet they still have 1.

It's 2018.  Get the house phone to f**k

No broadband or wifi?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Quite a lot of victim blaming going on in that post.

I still have a house phone. Mainly for my mum and dad. They also use video messaging but house phones are what old people like.

You still get nuisance phone calls on the mobile - usually ambulance chasing mobs - and a lot of these calls show up as a local area codes on my mobile.

I've been getting quite a few from the Falkirk area recently. Feel less guilty about giving a simple two word reply to those calls. 

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What would be great would be having two lines so you could connect them to each other. The poor sods in the call centres are probably earning f**k all and getting abused all day, so maybe hanging up is enough, but I caught them trying to get my Dad with early alzheimers to give them remote access to his computer, pretending to be Microsoft Security, so my empathy is limited.

When reading someone else saying they pretended to be taken in by a call, I was about to post to say I’d done the same with these chancers. Claimed to be from Microsoft and that my computer had been hacked, so I went into full on panic mode begging them for help, unfortunately laid it on too thick and after a few attempts to get passwords etc so that they could “help” being met with more exaggerated panic, he eventually hung up.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I once delightedly arranged an appointment to have my 1st floor flat measured up for a conservatory.

At a time I was out, obv.

My mum did something similar - pretended to be interested and strung the guy along for a bit before asking if she'd have to get permission from the downstairs neighbour.

However with the phone I have now (yes, it's a landline - I don't get a mobile signal in my flat unless I lean out of the window) if somebody rings whose number isn't in its internal directory they have to supply their name before the call is put through to me, at which point I decide whether to accept it or not. If they don't give their name then the call is rejected, my phone doesn't ring and the only way I know about it is if I check the calls display later on.

We have a landline as emergency backup because living in a remote area, the cell reception can still be a bit iffy. However, the scammers call our mobile phones just as often and disguise their numbers so it looks like a local call, which also makes it impossible to block them. Sometimes it comes across as a number we do recognise - my wife's mobile number for example and if she's out, then yes I've picked up thinking it's her. For a little while we had people trying frighten us into extending the warranty on the 11-year old car we bought used 5 years ago. They knew the registration number and everything. This week I'm getting messages from some toerags pretending to be a medical lab and telling me that my test results show I have diabetes. I don't but they're kindly offering me health insurance to cover the anticipated costs.

No matter how desperate you are for work, if you choose to do this sort of thing for a living then you deserve to have all your nose hairs pulled out one by one.

45 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

We have a landline as emergency backup because living in a remote area, the cell reception can still be a bit iffy. However, the scammers call our mobile phones just as often and disguise their numbers so it looks like a local call, which also makes it impossible to block them. Sometimes it comes across as a number we do recognise - my wife's mobile number for example and if she's out, then yes I've picked up thinking it's her. For a little while we had people trying frighten us into extending the warranty on the 11-year old car we bought used 5 years ago. They knew the registration number and everything. This week I'm getting messages from some toerags pretending to be a medical lab and telling me that my test results show I have diabetes. I don't but they're kindly offering me health insurance to cover the anticipated costs.

No matter how desperate you are for work, if you choose to do this sort of thing for a living then you deserve to have all your nose hairs pulled out one by one.

Cell - who do you think you are? Amerie?

Love yanking out my nose hairs. 

It's probably some nutter from P&B ringing up trying to scam you

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Before I can answer that we just need to run through a few security questions.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. Not convicted, no

5. 5' 10"

6. Larbert

7. Small scar above right eye

8. Shepherd's pie followed by apple crumble

9. Hey she told me she was 18

10. An astronaut

I absolute fucking hate that song called Bouf Daddy that is on radio 1 numerous times a day.

I also absolutely hate the song Rams - Barking which says “7am in the morning” on numerous occasions. Of course it’s in the morning, it’s 7 fucking am.

I'm a bit late to this.

But the fantastic Moonlight Shadow has the line "4am in the morning".