Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Putting down that you’re a member. Twice. And no (Hons) after the BEng?

Twice? They're different institutions! Damn forgot about the Honours bit!

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I see this type of e-mail and think I should do likewise. Then I stop myself and think ‘who am I trying to impress here?’

I worked with a guy that put all his certificates up on his site office wall.......even the shitty in house training ones for abrasive wheels and the like! I told him he might as well put his fucking cycling proficiency certificate up......he didn't take that comment well.

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Should have told him Heyrods are always looking for concrete finishers........

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

Twice? They're different institutions! Damn forgot about the Honours bit!

I worked with a guy that put all his certificates up on his site office wall.......even the shitty in house training ones for abrasive wheels and the like! I told him he might as well put his fucking cycling proficiency certificate up......he didn't take that comment well.

I’m still bitter at failing my cycling proficiency. Sat in church at the end of school term as everyone was called up by the minister to collect their certificate.. except me. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I’m still bitter at failing my cycling proficiency. Sat in church at the end of school term as everyone was called up by the minister to collect their certificate.. except me. 

How is that even possible?! Seriously? How on earth did you fail it?

14 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Car drivers, inevitably elderly, who stop about 5 feet away from the Give Way/Stop line, then move forward and stop again right on the line (as they should have done first time around).

Only question I got wrong in my US drivers licence theory test many years ago  (in Seattle, by co-incidence), was what to do approaching a "Yield" sign on a slip road onto a freeway. The answer is speed up, apparently. Cars already on the freeway in the inside lane will be expecting you to do this and let you in. Had no end of trouble with this when I came back to the UK. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

And no (Hons) after the BEng?

Not for postnomials, just BEng shall suffice.

One of the societies I'm a fellow of always send me stuff with absolutely everything after my name to the point my postie must think that it's an option and that I'm a right ****.

18 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Every time I see the GN thread on Edinburgh Pars it gives me a brief thrill, thinking there may be others like me out there. Then after looking a bit closer it actually says "Edinburgh Bars". 

200.gif