Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Salt and lemon should work.
Missed this earlier. f**k you.

One might suggest it’s deserved as you were making bolognese in the morning and that’s the clear sign of being OFTW.
I wouldn’t suggest that though, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. Ps, any of that bolognese going spare?
Missed this too... Going for a night away tonight so bolognese made for babysitter and BB1. Also, the older a bolognese is (within limitations of hygeine) the better it is. Anyone mildly competent in the kitchen knows this.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Gave myself a fairly horrific burn earlier on by somehow ejecting a load of bolognese out of the pan directly onto myself.

What does one use to treat such a burn?

Garlic bread.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

. Also, the older a bolognese is (within limitations of hygeine) the better it is. 

Absolutely correct. See also the longer it cooks (at a lower temperature) and the same applies to stews and curries. Next day Lasagne is particularly good.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Gave myself a fairly horrific burn earlier on by somehow ejecting a load of bolognese out of the pan directly onto myself.

Garlic bread should help.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

It seems to work - my mother in law is a bit of a witch and it was her tip. The missus always uses it on burns and it really works for some reason. 

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Is this a regular occurrence? We're not talking about cigarette burns, I hope.

Apparently she keeps getting phone calls when she's ironing

Bairnardo is a real gent making bolognese for the babysitter. Is he trying to fire into her? 
Naw its the MIL (wid not). Have to everything in my power to keep her sweet though as she is pretty much it in terms of getting both bairns watched overnight and getting away.

Since BB2 is fucking torturing us at night currently, I have to do all I can to make it a decent experience for her.

Absolutely correct. See also the longer it cooks (at a lower temperature) and the same applies to stews and curries. Next day Lasagne is particularly good.

Now, stick with me here, I’ve read online you can add cheese to lasagne! I know, I know but apparently it’s good!
Missed this too... Going for a night away tonight so bolognese made for babysitter and BB1. Also, the older a bolognese is (within limitations of hygeine) the better it is. Anyone mildly competent in the kitchen knows this.

So you’ve cooked it this morning for someone (the bloody mother in law) else to consume tonight?

One day you will realise what you will do to acheive a nights peace from your own demon children.

I very much doubt that. I wish you an enjoyable evening though, ending bathed in Tennent’s

I very much doubt that. I wish you an enjoyable evening though, ending bathed in Tennent’s
A man of such impeccable taste such as yourself owes it to the world to reproduce. We can all benefit from passing the gospel of Tennents down through the generations.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Parmesan