Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Contactless annoys me as you have to place the card where you cover the screen that then says APPROVED.

I either take the card away too quick to try and check the screen or leave it too long and have the assistant say 'it's through'.

I would think they could create a contactless machine that you present the card to in aplace that doesn't cover the screen.

8 hours ago, Rugster said:

Anytime I've done it I've just held it until the machine beeps, then took the card away and a second or so later it says approved.

This, or watch for the 4 LED diodes (just for your comfort @Shandon Par) going green at the top.

Walked from Queen St to Central stations this morning, it was like walking a slalom course with the number of zombies walking while looking at their phones.Does anyone keep figures on how many people are injured/killed because of this kind of stupidity ? Would be interesting to see.

Walked from Queen St to Central stations this morning, it was like walking a slalom course with the number of zombies walking while looking at their phones.Does anyone keep figures on how many people are injured/killed because of this kind of stupidity ? Would be interesting to see.
You start killing them and wel take the numbers beginning at zero today.

In the recent snow in Edinburgh, it’s walking out into the road with the hood up, rather than looking at the phone, that seems to be the method of choice for the brain dead pedestrians. 
That describes a large number of people everywhere when it snows. Usually dressed in dark clothes and with their back to traffic

3 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
In the recent snow in Edinburgh, it’s walking out into the road with the hood up, rather than looking at the phone, that seems to be the method of choice for the brain dead pedestrians. 

That describes a large number of people everywhere when it snows. Usually dressed in dark clothes and with their back to traffic

The amount of times on the way to work I've had to stop for actual proper grown ups who have crossed the road oblivious to having just walked in front of a car is unreal. 

This thread has seen several mentions of people who jump up the moment flight boarding is announced and stand in a bovine herd around the gate stopping intelligent people from getting by.

I’m in Dallas right now, about to get on a connecting flight. They announced they were about to start boarding, then back pedaled with a “No, hang on, we aren’t ready yet. We’ll get back to you on that one.”

Utter fucking panic from the mutants. Especially as other people have moved in and claimed the seats they’ve just given up.

Perhaps this should be in RTBC.

Watching tv in real time and no being able to fast forward through the adverts :angry: 

Yes, this. Previously I'd only ever watched Suits on Netflix so it was a massive shock watching an episode on normal TV the other night and it went to an ad break #1stWorldProblemsThreadForThisPish

I hate the way that super HD makes great films look like tacky TV, straight to bin made Shite.

Currently watching Back to the Future, one of my favourites and its far too sharp.
Its called the soap opera effect seemingly. I think theres maybe settings that can be adjusted. I always think it makes stuff look "too 3d." Like you can sense that its on a small set. Google it.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I hate the way that super HD makes great films look like tacky TV, straight to bin made Shite.

Currently watching Back to the Future, one of my favourites and its far too sharp.

I think it was the first of The Hobbit films that they trumpeted as being filmed at 48 frames per second rather than the standard 24.

It looked fucking awful, as well as being a shite film. 

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

San Mig was established in Philippines at about the same time M&S was established in England.

Also San Miguel is probably the largest company in the Philippines and one of the largest in SE Asia. They're more than just a beer brand.

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

Also San Miguel is probably the largest company in the Philippines and one of the largest in SE Asia. They're more than just a beer brand.

It is the largest publicly listed food, beverage and packaging company in Southeast Asia as well as the Philippines' largest corporation in terms of revenue, with over 17,000 employees in over 100 major facilities throughout the Asia-Pacific region."

" It is the largest publicly listed food, beverage and packaging company in Southeast Asia as well as the Philippines' largest corporation in terms of revenue, with over 17,000 employees in over 100 major facilities throughout the Asia-Pacific region."

Worked for a company that sold them malt for the brewing side and occasionally feed wheat.

" It is the largest publicly listed food, beverage and packaging company in Southeast Asia as well as the Philippines' largest corporation in terms of revenue, with over 17,000 employees in over 100 major facilities throughout the Asia-Pacific region."

One of the controlling companies/families/political influences of the Philippines and a big part of the problems they are trying to overcome.