Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

No idea how folk can listen to Radio 1. Any time I've heard it it's the host chatting utter drivel for the majority of the time and every so often they'll play a shite song. I think I'd sooner listen to Classic FM than Radio 1.

Classic FM replaced Radio 1 on the preset slot on my car radio a few years ago after I realised I hadn't listened to it for a years and I'd rather drink bleach than put it on again.

I listen to radio 1 occasionally In the work van and now realise why co workers would get so annoyed at me for listening to it 10 years ago. A few weeks ago there was a heatwave in London where it was about 30 degrees, the weather in Scotland was great on the east coast and Edinburgh was about 23 degrees but there was some rain on the west coast and the news story on newsbeat said something along the lines of “while the weathers great in London it’s not the case in Scotland” They then played clips of weather forecasts in Scotland saying it’s raining at various parts and then walked around a park in London and asked people who were enjoying the glorious sunshine there if they had any messages for the people of Scotland. It was just such infuriating nonsense that was most likely an attempt to make money from annoyed Scottish people texting in to say that the weather here was also good. Brainwashing fucking drivel I tell you!

Probably been covered before but work emails when the person calls you by your surname due to the surname, first name combination employed by a lot of companies.

I could just about accept it apart from the fact my email signature at the bottom clearly states my name. It is pretty obvious to anyone with a bit of commonsense I don't have a surname that could be taken for a first name or vice versa.

Probably been covered before but work emails when the person calls you by your surname due to the surname, first name combination employed by a lot of companies.
I could just about accept it apart from the fact my email signature at the bottom clearly states my name. It is pretty obvious to anyone with a bit of commonsense I don't have a surname that could be taken for a first name or vice versa.

I fully agree with you kdy.

A cheque I paid in to the bank last Friday not cleared yet :angry:

It's not like I need the cash but FFS how long in this day and age does it take :rolleyes: