Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who use the term 'jobsworth' when they've not been allowed to do something unreasonable. If somebody says to you "It's more than my job's worth" what they mean is "I don't have the authority to let you do that - if I did I would be subject to disciplinary action that might include dismissal." Hardly petty. And it's all down to Esther fucking Rantzen who had a regular feature on her TV show, with a Jobsworth of the Week award to people saying things like "You can't park your car there - the fire engines might need to get out!"

In the case above I agree that four quid is a bit steep for a can of anything but I doubt the guy selling them had set the price and expecting him to go back to his boss three quid light makes you the c**t.

Was at the Scottish open on Thursday they were walking around the course selling wee cans of the stuff for £4 asked the guy to sell me one for a £1 fecking jobsworth rip off bar-sturd

I’m confused, Willy. They were selling them for £4 but the guy offered you one for £1?

52 minutes ago, GordonD said:

People who use the term 'jobsworth' when they've not been allowed to do something unreasonable. If somebody says to you "It's more than my job's worth" what they mean is "I don't have the authority to let you do that - if I did I would be subject to disciplinary action that might include dismissal." Hardly petty. And it's all down to Esther fucking Rantzen who had a regular feature on her TV show, with a Jobsworth of the Week award to people saying things like "You can't park your car there - the fire engines might need to get out!"

In the case above I agree that four quid is a bit steep for a can of anything but I doubt the guy selling them had set the price and expecting him to go back to his boss three quid light makes you the c**t.

No del boy mentality these jobs are always min wage all the profit goes to management,allowing for waste breakages ect,£2 with 50p in his pocket would be the price he could have made more than he was getting off the boss,jobworth he was.

53 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No del boy mentality these jobs are always min wage all the profit goes to management,allowing for waste breakages ect,£2 with 50p in his pocket would be the price he could have made more than he was getting off the boss,jobworth he was.

How would he explain to his boss that he managed to break cans of gin? On a golf course.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Was at the Scottish open on Thursday they were walking around the course selling wee cans of the stuff for £4 asked the guy to sell me one for a £1 fecking jobsworth rip off bar-sturd

What a banterific exchange that must've been. Someone on minimum wage just trying to get to the end of the day, having to listen to your pish. 

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm quite surprised an alcoholic drink, at an event with a captive audience, didnt cost more than £4

Edited by whiskychimp

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Definitely worth getting sacked and losing your full shift money for 50p imo. 

BBC World Service - "We'll have live coverage of the Wimbledon men's final and we will of course keep you updated with the World Cup Final". 

The f**k? Get the fitba on and update the tennis. It's only once every 4 years you c***s. I don't not pay my license fee for this shit. 

The term .....only in “x”

For example, just read an article on the rave corner where folk dance when they walk past on a night out can “..only happen in Glasgow” apparently.

Never anything worthwhile though.

“No public toilets in city because they were covered in needles, blood and wipes every minute of the day, can only happen in Glasgow”

Posters on here who talk about games like FIFA and Football Manager as if the sport of football is based on them rather than the other way about. They're computer games you stupid c***s. 

2 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

The term .....only in “x”

For example, just read an article on the rave corner where folk dance when they walk past on a night out can “..only happen in Glasgow” apparently.

Never anything worthwhile though.

“No public toilets in city because they were covered in needles, blood and wipes every minute of the day, can only happen in Glasgow”

I saw a picture last week of a hearse with a wreath reading b*****d leaning against the coffin. The picture had the comment 'Only in Glasgow' beside it. Ignoring the fact that this could literally happen anywhere, the photo was taken in Dublin. 

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

BBC World Service - "We'll have live coverage of the Wimbledon men's final and we will of course keep you updated with the World Cup Final". 

The f**k? Get the fitba on and update the tennis. It's only once every 4 years you c***s. I don't not pay my license fee for this shit. 

https://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/detail.php?id=22821121&fta=1&fox=0

Willy has outed himself as a colossal bellend here.
Sounds like he's the type that goes radge at shop staff for the layout of the store and the prices of items
He thinks Colt teams are a good idea. We already knew he was a bellend. Although hounding this can seller chap is pretty

20 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The tennis will be finished in about 10 minutes.  Eta Maybe 20.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson