Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have just watched an advert (fucking ITV) for head and shoulders. Featuring on the advert was a ‘scalp artist’ who shaved a shitey lion type thing on some c***s head.

PTTGOYN 1. Adverts.
PTTGOYN 2. Scalp Artist....

It’s a fucking barber mate.

People acting like population size automatically improves sporting ability. There’s quite a lot of other factors to take in to account but lazy folk just say country X has a bigger population than country Y so they should be better. Petty and annoying.

18 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

People acting like population size automatically improves sporting ability. There’s quite a lot of other factors to take in to account but lazy folk just say country X has a bigger population than country Y so they should be better. Petty and annoying.

You will agree that it is a factor.  I'm pissed off that Iceland can qualify for the World Cup Finals and Croatia can get to the finals and we are nowhere it.

You will agree that it is a factor.  I'm pissed off that Iceland can qualify for the World Cup Finals and Croatia can get to the finals and we are nowhere it.

Absolutely agree it’s a factor, obviously having a bigger pool of people there’s more chance of having talented people but the way it’s just out across that it’s the be all and end all annoys me. I think there’s much more important factors.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Absolutely agree it’s a factor, obviously having a bigger pool of people there’s more chance of having talented people but the way it’s just out across that it’s the be all and end all annoys me. I think there’s much more important factors.

This could be a thread in itself, with the amount of yer da arguments why the national team is crap.

Too many kids playing PlayStation 360s.

Kids aren't out kicking a baw in aw weathers like we used to

Parents are too scared to send their kids out to play

etc etc 

This could be a thread in itself, with the amount of yer da arguments why the national team is crap.
etc etc 

There’s probably a few threads that have gone down this road. Just the population size equalling sporting ability has annoyed me for today.
Let’s not start on genetics...

F***in' egg chasers.  France aside, any country that places rugby has a rubbish football side.  Italy's rugby side started becoming OK and now they can't even qualify for the World Cup.  Argentina have gone to the dogs as well. 

38 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

etc etc 

You can call it a yer da argument but the fact is they aren't out playing football every day and that absolutely has an effect on development. It's not the sole reason we don't qualify but it's one you'd be silly to ignore.

You can call it a yer da argument but the fact is they aren't out playing football every day and that absolutely has an effect on development. It's not the sole reason we don't qualify but it's one you'd be silly to ignore.
When I was a kid we were out playing all day in the summer holidays but with no coaching because the schools, clubs etc closed down too. Don't think this has changed.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When I was a kid we were out playing all day in the summer holidays but with no coaching because the schools, clubs etc closed down too. Don't think this has changed.

I certainly don't see kids out playing with a football every day.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

@Supras

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

There’s probably a few threads that have gone down this road. Just the population size equalling sporting ability has annoyed me for today.
Let’s not start on genetics...

Check out the one in the World Cup forum