Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When I was an apprentice brickie my tradesman used to do that all the time.  Every tea time in the van he'd call his mate and they'd talk shite for half an hour on loud speaker.

How can you talk to your mate for 2 and a half hours a week on the phone?  No one has that much going on in their life that they need to talk to their mate every day for that long about something.

On 10/03/2019 at 15:33, MONKMAN said:

Noticed about £600 in transactions pending on my current account.

Phoned the bank and they confirmed there is 9 transactions pending to Trainline.com in the past 24 hours.

Bank card cancelled, which is a fucking hassle more than anything else, and if they can’t stop the transactions it’s unnecessary hassle to get the money back.

At least spend the money on something decent, instead of fucking train tickets.

My card got scammed a year ago after getting a taxi in  South Africa.  Significant amount used, mostly spent on cinema products in the Cape Town area.  :unsure:

On 10/03/2019 at 15:33, MONKMAN said:

Noticed about £600 in transactions pending on my current account.

Phoned the bank and they confirmed there is 9 transactions pending to Trainline.com in the past 24 hours.

Bank card cancelled, which is a fucking hassle more than anything else, and if they can’t stop the transactions it’s unnecessary hassle to get the money back.

At least spend the money on something decent, instead of fucking train tickets.

He only wants to get back to Aberdeen from London. 

20 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Hotels who can't decide when to take your money. I booked a room for May, fully intending to pay for it now. Turns out they are only going to take 1 night as a deposit (without saying exactly how much 1 night is, assuming its half of the 2 night stay but it may not be as its a Friday & Saturday, so may be different rates) and then pay when you get there. This would be ok except I booked about 3 weeks ago and the money still isn't away so now its a "we'll take some random amount at some random point before May". Useless. 

I also hate the pre-authorization thing, again its often a random amount they try and take, had one hotel authorize £10 and another £300 for a hotel I booked nearly a year ahead. Either let us pay upfront or pay when we get there and tell us. Not have some guessing game in between. 

This sometimes works in your favour. Went to a gig in London 12 years ago and as I was skint, I had to book a room in student digs through late rooms. £70, had to pay a 10% deposit when booking and pay the rest when checking out. As my bus back to Glasgow was at 8am I checked out when only security was at reception and they couldn’t take my money, and I wasn’t chased up for it after. Two nights in London for £7 - result :D 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You must have only been there for about a day, not even time enough to get the shits.

3 days.  Having spent about 9 years going back and forth to India, I could probably eat an E Coli sandwich and only reach about No 5 on the Bristol Stool Chart.

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk who sit in their works van taking a call on hands free with the volume up full bung.

Used to take my nearly deaf Dad out to the car when he got a phone call and turned the speaker up full blast. Worked a treat.

Guest Moomintroll
Think I left my wireless mouse in Jalandhar.
Either I am not getting this Euph, or Tony Bennett has nothing to worry about. Alternatively it could be a genuine PTTGOYN.

Guest Moomintroll
Tony Bennet couldn't make that scan so changed it to heart and San Francisco.
I should have read the rest of the comments.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Bought some Juicy Fruit and you only get 5 strips these days.

Always thought you got more.

The Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, known as the Wrigley Company, is an American chewing gum (Wrigley's gum) company founded on April 1, 1891, by William .

Just Saying