Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Had to endure 40 minutes of Radio 1 in the sprog's car; first time I've listened to it in years. FMG.... the old time DJs were bad but the current ones are utter wallopers. And the music..... slight variation of exactly the same R n B tune played again and again.

And, yes, I am an old tosser.

Then you're doing it wrong, mate.

I've had several long journeys (from Bucks to Lanarkshire) with my teenagers recently and they connected their phones to the inbuilt phonograph system in the car and I had to revise my opinion of 'young people's music'.  They played some terrific chunes.

Mind you, Radio 1 DJs may still be crap - but so they were 'back in the day'!  Tony Blackburn, 'Diddy' David Hamilton, Simon Dee, anyone?

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Then you're doing it wrong, mate.

I've had several long journeys (from Bucks to Lanarkshire) with my teenagers recently and they connected their phones to the inbuilt phonograph system in the car and I had to revise my opinion of 'young people's music'.  They played some terrific chunes.

Mind you, Radio 1 DJs may still be crap - but so they were 'back in the day'!  Tony Blackburn, 'Diddy' David Hamilton, Simon Dee, anyone?

Add to that Pete Murray and Jimmy Young. 

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

the old time DJs were bad but the current ones are utter wallopers.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tony Blackburn, 'Diddy' David Hamilton, Simon Dee, anyone?

17 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Add to that Pete Murray and Jimmy Young. 

Cue @Hampden Diehardchucking his zimmer at the wireless in disgust and breaking a valve yet wondering why he can no longer hear Alvar Lidell.

Edited by The_Kincardine

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Had to endure 40 minutes of Radio 1 in the sprog's car; first time I've listened to it in years. FMG.... the old time DJs were bad but the current ones are utter wallopers. And the music..... slight variation of exactly the same R n B tune played again and again.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I am also an old tosser and totally agree

I also agree that Radio 1 is a load of shit. How old do you have to be to be called an old tosser 

On 02/03/2019 at 18:55, capybara said:

The way new housing developments are named. It's always THE Medows. The Stables. Strath view . Never Crematorium close. Or Abattoir Avenue.

Shattered Dreams Parkway.

Also yep, I'm 33 and the thought of having to listen to Radio 1 (or commercial local radio like Clyde 1, Northsound, MFR, all that Bauer Media ones) makes me want to drink Aids.

Fucking brutal; some 'EuroDJ' with some blonde either Londoner or American, singing auto-tuned over some fucking noise that comes pre-programmed on a keyboard.

^ ^ ^ your absolute da.

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The inbuilt phonograph system :lol:

The 'problem' with Radio 1 these days is the DJ's have to be 'personalities' instead of people who just play some music. Too much talking and not enough music, that and the music they do play is just the usual generic pish as they can't dare to risk losing listeners and their following,clicks,likes,etc. 

Or something.

Also, whilst I'm at it. Have you noticed that they all say everything is great these days. No one ever says "that's a bit rubbish" anymore :eusa_think:

Message ends :) 

I've heard a few DJs over the years say something along the lines of 'Hmmmm, maybe it'll grow on me'.  Which is basically code for 'That song is fucking shite'.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Radio 1 has always been shite.

It's ok really. Then you grow up. 

The thing nowadays is you're spoiled for choice. That's no bad thing. There is so much better out there, all you have to do is find it. 

Back when all this were fields you kinda had to just listen and put up with it. 

Edited by Trackdaybob

10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Maybe with the email thing, the person is phoning you to make sure you’ve got the email and you’ll actually do something about it before the end of time?

Which if everyone did then you would spend your entire day answering the phone a couple of hundred times.