Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

It's almost as if they're trying to make them sound as pleasant as possible to try and encourage people to part with vast sums of money to live there.

You could extend the gripe to the names of the actual houses they build in these sickeningly pleasant sounding streets. To think someone probably gets paid a fortune to find a way to scale the names of the houses to give subconscious placing of class within the estate. You know that if you have moved into The Balmoral that you are superior in every way to the scummy tinks that could only afford The Smith, probably needing to use help to buy as well!

The Sinn Fein - costs a bomb.

The DUP - No viewing on a Sunday

5 hours ago, capybara said:

The way new housing developments are named. It's always THE Medows. The Stables. Strath view . Never Crematorium close. Or Abattoir Avenue.

They also tend to give the estates English names when we have good Scottish words like Vennel, Close, Feus, Gait, Walk etc that can be used. 

There's work going on at North Bridge at the moment. The screens are covered in shite graffiti which annoys me, although seeing a sign today that said they were protected by 24 hour security cheered me up a bit- what a joke! 

I hate all the shite graffiti about- tags and all that shite. This isn't downtown Noo Yoik, it's Scotland. Graffiti vandals should be made to paint the white lines on the Cockbridge to Tomintoul Road. In December. 

6 hours ago, capybara said:

The way new housing developments are named. It's always THE Medows. The Stables. Strath view . Never Crematorium close. Or Abattoir Avenue.

There used to be an Abbatoir Road in Blackpool but it doesn't show up on a Google Map search, so maybe they've changed the name to something fancy like Slaughterhouse Road, or AllmorningIkilledcows Road.

33 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Must be a ruff time for him...

Seriously though it's horrible when a pet dies.

I mind having to get my dog put down after a  bad stroke and holding his paw as he drifted away.  

And dont get me started on when I read Marley and Me.

:bairn

Someone else should have taken it if you were ill.

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just found out my mates dog died last night
The dog was 15, so a good age however my mate isn't taking it to well. :-(

That's a shame, hope he's OK.

6 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

If United get beat today this will not have been a good weekend for him

Haha, nae luck. 

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Pets dying is more upsetting than some family members dying, shame for your pal.

Both my Mum and Dad have died in the last few years and I accepted it stoically each time. "Aye, well they were pretty old." "They'd been ill for a long time." And so on.

When my dogs have died, I've been a blubbering, snottery mess for days.

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Both my Mum and Dad have died in the last few years and I accepted it stoically each time. "Aye, well they were pretty old." "They'd been ill for a long time." And so on.

When my dogs have died, I've been a blubbering, snottery mess for days.

You're a fucking jinx, mate.  Stop posting.

Pets dying is more upsetting than some family members dying, shame for your pal.

A dog is still a dog and people don’t form the same rapport with a dog as they do with fellow human beings. If you are sadder that your dog has died than a family member then you didn’t like that particular family member very much. You realise a dogs place when you have a child.

A dog is still a dog and people don’t form the same rapport with a dog as they do with fellow human beings. If you are sadder that your dog has died than a family member then you didn’t like that particular family member very much. You realise a dogs place when you have a child.
Attitude towards animals is (IMO) a strong indicator of your placement on the bellend scale.

Attitude towards animals is (IMO) a strong indicator of your placement on the bellend scale.

I like animals but as I have said they have their place. I used to love seeing my parents dogs and would look forward to seeing them when ever I visited them but now the wee one has come I care significantly less about them. I would never hurt an animal of course but I find that some people’s fondness for dogs/cats is making up for their lack of meaningful relationships with fellow human beings.