Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Me and my partner received a gift voucher for a holiday in Loch Lomond from her parents at Christmas. I'm a teacher and she is a shift worker so it only left very select weekends available. The voucher expires at the end of March, so we decided she'd try and use her holidays for each weekend in March so we could book one as it coincides with my birthday too.

The other half finally gets her rota and we are free pretty much every weekend in March. She received a rude as hell guy on the phone who basically said they're fully booked each weekend in March (Fair enough thems the breaks as disappointing as it is, it's the risk we took I suppose) but the guy went on to say, before my other half could even reply, 'And if you can't do midweek, you may as well just give your voucher to someone else' and hung up.

Fuming with the dick and we have no point of recourse. Shite laugh and incredible rudeness.

No chance of cashing it in or extending the period? You'd have thought there would be some management discretion to avoid putting off potential repeat bookers.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No chance of cashing it in or extending the period? You'd have thought there would be some management discretion to avoid putting off potential repeat bookers.

As you can imagine, she's not exactly wanting to phone back at the moment and if I phone, I'd end up getting banned as opposed to receiving any discretions after that call. Will try again in a few days out of hope, but can't see it after the response from the first guy.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

As you can imagine, she's not exactly wanting to phone back at the moment and if I phone, I'd end up getting banned as opposed to receiving any discretions after that call. Will try again in a few days out of hope, but can't see it after the response from the first guy.

Maybe send an email to the manager or CEO if it's a chain? Maybe the guy was just a grumpy overworked low level c**t. And play the sympathy card over disappointing the in-laws rather than slagging off the guy you talked to, most bosses will defend their staff if they're just being strict with the rules, even with a bolshie attitude.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe send an email to the manager or CEO if it's a chain? Maybe the guy was just a grumpy overworked low level c**t. And play the sympathy card over disappointing the in-laws rather than slagging off the guy you talked to, most bosses will defend their staff if they're just being strict with the rules, even with a bolshie attitude.

Thanks for the advice, will try that.

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Getting banned from what? Using the phone? Loch Lomond and it’s environs (no bad thing tbh)?

Just now, Shandon Par said:

After an “accidental” headbutt to my nose a couple of days ago I can’t smell or taste anything any more. Should I put the windows down/heating up? 

Make sure you wash your hands after wiping your arse.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Get someone to have a look up your beak and if you see a couple of red things that look like cherries get your arse to the doctors pronto as you may well end up with a knackered septum in a few days.

Cheers Dr Rose. I quite like my latest nose shape. Will shine the torch up it later.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Chinese tourists.

Soon on my way back home from Bangkok and they've been everywhere, taking selfies of themselves with everything including a post box.

We're so far behind the Asian countries technologically.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

After an “accidental” headbutt to my nose a couple of days ago I can’t smell or taste anything any more. Should I put the windows down/heating up? 

Lost your sense of smell? Lost your sense of taste? Then why not move to Paisley.

p.s. "Twins of Evil".. top film that :whistle

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther won an Oscar.
Both were shite.

Ostentatious liberalism can get in the sea along with Trump and Brexit.

I never saw Black Panther but you could've predicted it would win an Oscar before it was even made.  I have no time for shit like that.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Lost your sense of smell? Lost your sense of taste? Then why not move to Paisley.

p.s. "Twins of Evil".. top film that :whistle

Yes, there seems to be two versions of the film. One on YouTube and one with "more" of the twins. 

15 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My brother in law had a cold 20 years ago and hasn't tasted or smelt anything since. I'd get it checked out.

Edited by welshbairn