Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

To prove my point about fives last night our team was considerably worse (myself included) than the other side. We were behind by three with fifteen to go and won by five. All because some guy had zero footballing brain and used up all his energy making runs up the wing and taking on two or three players. He then just stood still in our half allowing one of our players to run into space and we scored eight without reply. His teammates were going mental at him and he left sharpish at the end.
All the rest of his team were pissed off.

My 5s were a collection of people standing in ridiculous places, Not looking for a pass and not paying attention after we lost goals losing us the ability of a quick fire reply.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wait; folk don't mute the TV or change the channel when adverts come on?!

I was a frequent channel hopper but have noticed it's as if all networks got together to have adverts at the same time.

Now I just mute the TV and checkout my phone

On 2/20/2019 at 18:07, D.A.F.C said:

Bet the non markers moan at you. Push up push up. Aye so you can take on three guys lose it then shout at me for not being able to get back for the counter 4 vs 1.
Some people have zero awareness when playing.

I've experienced this countless times - and the billy big bollocks types that do this often tend to be very similar characters.  

Let's all push up together - then watch Mr Push Up Push Up trying a Cruyff turn that goes awry and then his attempted impossible angle shot is smothered away easily - and the opponents essentially have the Gobi Desert to run into score fifteen easy goals - of which at no point will the penny drop with Mr Push Up Push Up that a little adjustment of tactics is required, rather it will all be someone else's fault.......

Edited by tarapoa

Took on a secondment in my work in late 2017, been in the job ever since.  Was assured by my gaffer that I would get made permanent in December 2018, but due to a recruitment freeze, the chance of that disappeared.  However, he was keen to keep me on until the end of March, with the hope that come the new financial year, there would be budget for me to get a permanent position made available within the team.  Got pulled into a meeting with him today to inform me that it's looking unlikely that I will be getting kept on, and will have to go back to the department that I was in previously.

I am absolutely gutted at this.  I genuinely felt that I was working towards having a career in this field (coding, SQL etc...) and with fifteen months' experience under my belt, I am confident at writing my own scripts and manipulating existing ones.  Going back to my old department I will not get the chance to do any of this.  So pissed off.  Obviously there are external organisations that use the same software, but having not studied any of this at university, I struggle to believe I would ever get a job with my limited experience.

And obviously taking a big hit in my monthly wage.  Shite news for a Friday.

21 minutes ago, Adam said:

I am absolutely gutted at this.  I genuinely felt that I was working towards having a career in this field (coding, SQL etc...) and with fifteen months' experience under my belt, I am confident at writing my own scripts and manipulating existing ones.  Going back to my old department I will not get the chance to do any of this.  So pissed off.  Obviously there are external organisations that use the same software, but having not studied any of this at university, I struggle to believe I would ever get a job with my limited experience.

Aye, it's a right pain in the baws, that.

On the upside though, lots of employers value actual practical experience just as much as theoretical learning, though, some place a higher value on it.  So you might well pick something up.

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

Took on a secondment in my work in late 2017, been in the job ever since.  Was assured by my gaffer that I would get made permanent in December 2018, but due to a recruitment freeze, the chance of that disappeared.  However, he was keen to keep me on until the end of March, with the hope that come the new financial year, there would be budget for me to get a permanent position made available within the team.  Got pulled into a meeting with him today to inform me that it's looking unlikely that I will be getting kept on, and will have to go back to the department that I was in previously.

That feels very "un-petty" - and sorry to hear it all the same - no matter how trustworthy you think people are at work, nothing is real until it's real unfortunately.

6 hours ago, milton75 said:

The person singing it's voice annoys me. It's an incredibly contrived vocal. 

I was incensed enough to google it and it's a cover of a Wings track. The guilty party is this bellend Billy Paul.

https://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/2017/10/peoples-postcode-lottery-knocking-at-your-door/

On the subject, I saw this cover of the Wings release. The howling state of McCartney's face nearly made me vomit. No wonder the B-side was called "beware my love". What a tit.

IMG-20190222-WA0005.jpg

Top left would have made a great gif for here IMO

I've no idea what your background is but people with anything more than basic experience with SQL are constantly in demand. 15 months of hands on experience is a fucking lifetime in the IT game

I've no idea what your background is but people with anything more than basic experience with SQL are constantly in demand. 15 months of hands on experience is a fucking lifetime in the IT game

Management, IT and Finance really. Degree is completely non-SQL related, and basically hadn’t touched it until I began working in the role. Fairly competent at writing scripts but anything involving multiple joins and sub-queries I am still learning. So think I would fail to succeed there surely?

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Im developing a Denis Healy eyebrow (RHS).

I’ve been getting mine regularly trimmed at the barbers for about 5 years now.

They’re the vanguard for old man hair.

next, it will be sprouting from your ears until, eventually, the tip of your nose fuzzes over.

Enjoy!

Management, IT and Finance really. Degree is completely non-SQL related, and basically hadn’t touched it until I began working in the role. Fairly competent at writing scripts but anything involving multiple joins and sub-queries I am still learning. So think I would fail to succeed there surely?
I am the senior infrastructure engineer on the project I'm working on and I'd probably have to Google what joins and subqueries were [emoji51] Some people just get it, clearly yourself included, but most of us are completely ignorant when it comes to databases. Probably why DBAs are permanently in demand.

The jobs market is a bit more competitive in the central belt so might be a little harder to get your foot in the door somewhere without a wider knowledge, but don't write yourself off too much. Cloud centric companies can't get enough enterprise scripters either..

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Top left would have made a great gif for here IMO

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Looks as if the laxatives have just kicked in.

Laxatives.JPG

Can whoever did the David Cameron licking tears .gif do something similar for this. Pls thx x x x

Banker wankers!

Went to them a couple of months ago to try and upgrade my account. They gave me all the chat about how they would love to help but "unfortunately you don’t meet the criteria".

Things change, stick 50k in my account in the last couple of weeks  and now they are on the phone constantly looking for my business. Have told them that I am not interested in their promises that they can make me about 20 odd quid a month if I go with their ideas. Feck them!

3 minutes ago, supermik said:

Banker wankers!

Went to them a couple of months ago to try and upgrade my account. They gave me all the chat about how they would love to help but "unfortunately you don’t meet the criteria".

Things change, stick 50k in my account in the last couple of weeks  and now they are on the phone constantly looking for my business. Have told them that I am not interested in their promises that they can make me about 20 odd quid a month if I go with their ideas. Feck them!

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain"- Anon (probably skint). 

On 22/02/2019 at 11:20, milton75 said:

The person singing it's voice annoys me. It's an incredibly contrived vocal. 

I was incensed enough to google it and it's a cover of a Wings track. The guilty party is this bellend Billy Paul.

https://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/2017/10/peoples-postcode-lottery-knocking-at-your-door/

On the subject, I saw this cover of the Wings release. The howling state of McCartney's face nearly made me vomit. No wonder the B-side was called "beware my love". What a tit.

IMG-20190222-WA0005.jpg

Wings. Their only the band that the Beatles could've been.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

Just thought of another. When people refer to the singer above as "Macca".

On topic for this site, it's similarly cringeworthy when folk refer to footballers with their nicknames. I heard some twat calling up talksport about Mark Hughes, and referring to him only as "Sparky". Over the years I've also heard countless morons calling Scottish stations to discuss "Boydy" or "Broony".
These people aren't your friends. They don't want to be your friends. Stop talking about them like you know them. You don't.