Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Black Panther was a great film.

Not sure why anyone cares about shite like the Oscars though. A massive load of bollocks.

Actually my PTTGOMN for the Oscars is the fact that it is the top story on the news today.

Vacuous nonsense.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My brother in law had a cold 20 years ago and hasn't tasted or smelt anything since. I'd get it checked out.

Cheers. had a bit of a cold anyway then had a big lad crash the top of his head into my nose on Friday. Was away this weekend and realised I couldn't smell or taste anything. Maybe another thump in the same place will restore the senses. 

Oscar bait is fucking horrendous these days.   There's films getting made specifically to make sure they fit in with the criteria; Period drama/Racial tension/Physical or mental disability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_bait

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Oscar bait is fucking horrendous these days.   There's films getting made specifically to make sure they fit in with the criteria; Period drama/Racial tension/Physical or mental disability.

Yep, actors love biopics. You always get a bump from playing someone who already has a public profile, particularly if it's a good or sympathetic one. Malek is the latest, but Redmayne's Hawkings in 2014 also fits the bill (Keaton should've won for Birdman that year), as does Oldman's Churchill: Despite that movie having little in common with historical reality, or even bothering to have a basic 3 act structure. His was not even the best portrayal of Churchill on screen of late - John Lithgow in the crown was much better.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

sounds like you could make a film about an Old Firm match in the 1940s that would tick all three boxes then....

Don't care about the Oscars, but there's always something a bit unreal when someone like Sophie from Peep Show ends up winning (what people generally consider to be) the top acting award. Seems like she's becoming the new Judi Dench over there.

Also, Black Panther a shite film? Behave.

Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther won an Oscar.
Both were shite.

Ostentatious liberalism can get in the sea along with Trump and Brexit.

If it’s any consolation Only two of Black Panther’s three Oscars went to black people.

The music was by a Swedish dude

The other two were for production design and costume design and while there are quite a few things to fault Black Panther on* those two aren’t amongst them.

* Chiefly casting Tim from the office as an action hero

On chilled food that is suitable for freezing it tells you to freeze it on the day of purchasing, however it doesn't know whether you bought it on the first day it went out on the shelves or if you bought it the day that it's due to go out of date, so why doesn't it tell you to freeze before its best by date instead?

17 hours ago, port-ton said:

On chilled food that is suitable for freezing it tells you to freeze it on the day of purchasing, however it doesn't know whether you bought it on the first day it went out on the shelves or if you bought it the day that it's due to go out of date, so why doesn't it tell you to freeze before its best by date instead?

I had heard they were changing that to say "Freeze as soon as possible".

Cheers. had a bit of a cold anyway then had a big lad crash the top of his head into my nose on Friday. Was away this weekend and realised I couldn't smell or taste anything. Maybe another thump in the same place will restore the senses. 
A friend of the in laws got a kick in the head from a horse 15 or so years ago and hasn't tasted or smelled anything since seems to be a common condition after a severe knock. Saves a fortune in food bills now tho as he only drinks water and eats plain rice or pasta as says no point paying for something nice he cant taste!

1 minute ago, JamesP_81 said:
On 25/02/2019 at 11:11, Shandon Par said:

A friend of the in laws got a kick in the head from a horse 15 or so years ago and hasn't tasted or smelled anything since seems to be a common condition after a severe knock. Saves a fortune in food bills now tho as he only drinks water and eats plain rice or pasta as says no point paying for something nice he cant taste!

My brother in law goes for texture since he lost his. Used to love a Vindaloo but can't stand it now as all he gets is the heat with none of the taste.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:
On 2/25/2019 at 11:11, Shandon Par said:

Yeah - was out for dinner with Mrs on Saturday at this nice place she'd booked in North Berwick and she kept asking how my food was and I had to tell her I'd no idea. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

There’s people lying in the meadows having BBQs right now like it’s mid July. It’s 13 degrees and there’s a cold wind. What the f**k is wrong with folk?

These sun worshipers... did they have cans of Strongbow, fingerless gloves and dogs on a string?