Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am having a torrid time trying to steer my kids towards to the ever decreasing material from Singing Kettle and away from animated American drivel like "little baby bum".

Relevant since both have versions of Aiken Drum, with a wild disparitt in quality.

An independent Scotland will need a strong Singing Kettle IMO.

You had that fucking mental goldfish song yet?

I'm STILL convinced he got done for fiddling, but I think someone got all hot and bothered when I suggested this last time.
You really are a fucking monster.
All that stuff is a distant memory now but IIRC “The Wiggles” were a decent, high-camp Australian version of The Singing Kettle and would often have nice Australian ladies like Kylie on to help them sing the songs. 
I love the Singing Kettle. There are very few things that make me feel as nostalgic. It is a pure, untainted memory and something that I am genuinely sad I cant take my kids to.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You really are a fucking monster. I love the Singing Kettle. There are very few things that make me feel as nostalgic. It is a pure, untainted memory and something that I am genuinely sad I cant take my kids to.

If they do a reunion show just head along. Good chance they’d ask you up on stage. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
If they do a reunion show just head along. Good chance they’d ask you up on stage. 

And up I would go, and Little Bunny Foo Foo would get sung through the tears.

Bunny Foo Foo should be your ring walk music. 

That you can't buy a pack of Fruit and Nut. You can buy the bland regular Dairy Milk, the average Caramel, the silly Whole Nut and even the crappy Oreo variations in packs of 4 but not Fruit and Nut, which is clearly the best one of the lot.

That you can't buy a pack of Fruit and Nut. You can buy the bland regular Dairy Milk, the average Caramel, the silly Whole Nut and even the crappy Oreo variations in packs of 4 but not Fruit and Nut, which is clearly the best one of the lot.
If it was clearly the best of the lot, you wouldnt have had to make that post.

Think.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Have you tried Lidl? They have some v tasty chocolate. Fruit and nut is probably on a high shelf reserved for deviants though. 

I love the Singing Kettle. There are very few things that make me feel as nostalgic. It is a pure, untainted memory and something that I am genuinely sad I cant take my kids to.
Artie from the singing kettle done a show at my boy's nursery a few weeks ago, was genuinely a pleasure to meet him as he hung about in the reception area chatting to folk. Not been as starstruck since bumping into Rikki Fulton in Reid furniture c.1990.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Are they not still touring as Fun Box (steady on) or something?  I vaguely remember that they stopped as the Singing Kettle because they would have had to buy the name for an exorbitant amount of money.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If it was clearly the best of the lot, you wouldnt have had to make that post.

Think.

Nonsense. It's clearly the best. A poll in my household returned a 100% vote in favour of it.

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have you tried Lidl? They have some v tasty chocolate. Fruit and nut is probably on a high shelf reserved for deviants though. 

I'm going to Lidl tomorrow so I might have a wee look. I'm of regular height so the high shelf won't be any issue to me. 

Whilst we're discussing Lidl I should add that their bakery is excellent.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nonsense. It's clearly the best. A poll in my household returned a 100% vote in favour of it.

I'm going to Lidl tomorrow so I might have a wee look. I'm of regular height so the high shelf won't be any issue to me. 

Whilst we're discussing Lidl I should add that their bakery is excellent.

Yes. Their pain au chocolats are incredible value and generally soft and chewy, not overcooked. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

If I was in your house, which I'm not, but if I was, I would also be voting for the Fruit and Nut.

The 'thinking man's chocolate bar' as I refer to it. Since just then. 

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If I was in your house, which I'm not, but if I was, I would also be voting for the Fruit and Nut.

The 'thinking man's chocolate bar' as I refer to it. Since just then. 

It would be quite the surprise if you were in my flat.

Good call on the Fruit and Nut though, and I'm definitely on board with it's new slogan of 'The Thinking Man's Chocolate Bar', or TTMCB.