Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This morning I learned that:

St Mary's hospital in Paddington still has old-fashioned matrons who boss the maternity ward(s)
The method of inducing birth has changed and can now take up to 4 days and may involve at least 1 suppository
All inclusive holidays to Turkey are great if you want to get pissed but beware of sunburn if you fall asleep
Taxi drivers in Amersham don't allow dogs in their cars if the driver is, "of a certain "tint""

Aye, I went for a haircut.

This morning I learned that:
St Mary's hospital in Paddington still has old-fashioned matrons who boss the maternity ward(s)
The method of inducing birth has changed and can now take up to 4 days and may involve at least 1 suppository
All inclusive holidays to Turkey are great if you want to get pissed but beware of sunburn if you fall asleep
Taxi drivers in Amersham don't allow dogs in their cars if the driver is, "of a certain "tint""
Aye, I went for a haircut.

I’ve been on an all inclusive holiday to Turkey and can confirm. The rest are new to me, especially the last one. Hope it suits you *** xox

3 hours ago, throbber said:

At least I won’t have to go back to work. I think it’s pneumonia myself, have chills up and down my back and struggling to keep any food down. Thought I was feeling better yesterday so had my usual mix of beer and wine but I think that’s made it worse today.

Are the chills multiplying, are you losing control?

Are the chills multiplying, are you losing control?

I haven’t eaten anything all day apart from some tiger bread there and am about to have a banana. Gonna have a wine with dinner and that’ll be me on the straight and narrow.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Have felt pretty sick for 3 days of my week off so far and today is the worst day yet. I’ll no doubt feel fine for being back at work on Monday.

Folk on another thread were saying you can claim the holiday days back as sick days. Never heard the like myself.

Throbbs never got the right jags for his exotic holiday. 

I’m certainly paying for it now anyway, fortunately for me my girlfriend is running about for me today and making my dinner and letting me lay on the couch.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I’m certainly paying for it now anyway, fortunately for me my girlfriend is running about for me today and making my dinner and letting me lay on the couch.

I hope you get better soon. Maybe it is God's way of telling you to drink more cheap and nasty lager? Send her to the shop for supplies. 

I hope you get better soon. Maybe it is God's way of telling you to drink more cheap and nasty lager? Send her to the shop for supplies. 

Got 8 cans of bud in the fridge and we’ll get on the wine with dinner. She felt the same way as I did yesterday and felt fine today so I will be the same.

7 hours ago, IainMorton said:

The amount of additional charges when buying gig tickets. Just bought two tickets that were £30 each but for each ticket I had to pay a service charge, handling fee (what’s the difference?) and a facilities fee which meant the total was £71. Obviously don’t mind paying for postage, but the other fees are a joke.

I bought a ticket last week and it came today. £12, all in. You're going to see the wrong bands.

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

let's do an acoustic version of a song called 'together in ELECTRIC dreams' hipster arsehole cockwombles.

Only beaten in the current annoying adverts by those peely peely McD c***s, they win as they on the radio and TV

What about the dug in the Flash advert?