Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Imagine being out and about anywhere public and the main thing getting on your nerves is toddlers watching something on their parents iPads rather than conversing with their parents. What a bunch of judgemental b*****ds.

The idea that 3 year olds engaged is perfectly well behaved conversation in restaurants until the dastardly IPad came along is fucking ludicrous.

My two year old (nearly 3) sits fine in a restaurant. Never had an i pad.

My two year old (nearly 3) sits fine in a restaurant. Never had an i pad.
Some do. Others dont. Some do sometimes but not others.

Mine fall into the last category. Unsurprising given that they are small children. One thing that is for certain, a 2 year old misbehaving in an adult setting with little to no stimulus available to them is not indicative of bad parenting in any shape or form.

Imagine being out and about anywhere public and the main thing getting on your nerves is toddlers watching something on their parents iPads rather than conversing with their parents. What a bunch of judgemental b*****ds.

It is not the main thing that annoys. I just think it is a shame that parents find this as the easiest option.

Some do. Others dont. Some do sometimes but not others.

Mine fall into the last category. Unsurprising given that they are small children. One thing that is for certain, a 2 year old misbehaving in an adult setting with little to no stimulus available to them is not indicative of bad parenting in any shape or form.

This isn’t the case of course with sanctimonious parents posting from the safety of an anonymous forum.

This isn’t the case of course with sanctimonious parents posting from the safety of an anonymous forum.

I actually agree it is not a sign of bad parenting. End of the day you do whatever the f**k you can to get by. Ive just seen loads of times where there are big groups of adult all sitting conversing and a kid is sitting on his own with an i pad and no one even acknowledging them. I find that quite sad

I actually agree it is not a sign of bad parenting. End of the day you do whatever the f**k you can to get by. Ive just seen loads of times where there are big groups of adult all sitting conversing and a kid is sitting on his own with an i pad and no one even acknowledging them. I find that quite sad
That happens. And that may be indicative of bad parenting. It really depends on the age of the kid too. My two year old needs placated sometimes. See when she is 6 or 7, that wont be happening. But I will put work in between now and then to back that up.

It just seems too often theres a blanket shout of "Wee arsehole kids in restaurants" etc. It usually lacks awareness and context.

It is not the main thing that annoys. I just think it is a shame that parents find this as the easiest option.

Well you don’t know that the parents find that the easiest option all the time, if the parents are waking up in the morning and plonking their child in front of the tv all day every day and then putting stuff on their phones for them when they’re out all the time then that is poor parenting but it’s not for you to judge that when you see a child watching an iPad whilst their parents enjoy a meal in peace when you know nothing about the family. I put hey duggee on my phone for my daughter when we were in a Costa last Sunday at about 2 pm, I had been up with her since 6 am feeding her, giving her milk, changing her, entertaining her, took her for a swim, took her to soft play and went around the shops with her getting our weekly shop and sitting down for the coffee was about the first time I had to myself that day. I can only imagine what I would have said to you if you came up to me and said “why don’t you converse with your child rather than putting something on your phone for her, I have a 2 year old who never looks at a phone and always sits perfectly at peace when ever we are our in public” I’d like to hope i would punch you in the face.

Well you don’t know that the parents find that the easiest option all the time, if the parents are waking up in the morning and plonking their child in front of the tv all day every day and then putting stuff on their phones for them when they’re out all the time then that is poor parenting but it’s not for you to judge that when you see a child watching an iPad whilst their parents enjoy a meal in peace when you know nothing about the family. I put hey duggee on my phone for my daughter when we were in a Costa last Sunday at about 2 pm, I had been up with her since 6 am feeding her, giving her milk, changing her, entertaining her, took her for a swim, took her to soft play and went around the shops with her getting our weekly shop and sitting down for the coffee was about the first time I had to myself that day. I can only imagine what I would have said to you if you came up to me and said “why don’t you converse with your child rather than putting something on your phone for her, I have a 2 year old who never looks at a phone and always sits perfectly at peace when ever we are our in public” I’d like to hope i would punch you in the face.

Shite parent imo

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Plus his original moan was about toddlers who aren’t old enough to be reasoned with yet in any case.

Toddlers who aren't old enough to be reasoned with aren't old enough to be taken to a 'proper' restaurant. That's what McDonald's is for. 

Toddlers who aren't old enough to be reasoned with aren't old enough to be taken to a 'proper' restaurant. That's what McDonald's is for. 

Disagree. I took my lad when he was really young but always took him at 5pm when its acceptable to take kids. If you go at that time without kids then yer either a beast or a boring old b*****d

Disagree. I took my lad when he was really young but always took him at 5pm when its acceptable to take kids. If you go at that time without kids then yer either a beast or a boring old b*****d

And I bet your precious little son sat there like little lord snooty, engaging all the table in grown up, sensible conversation and lifting his pinky whilst drinking from his sippy cup you pretentious arsehole.

And I bet your precious little son sat there like little lord snooty, engaging all the table in grown up, sensible conversation and lifting his pinky whilst drinking from his sippy cup you pretentious arsehole.

Haha are you ok mate?