Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Totally agree. I have 3 kids and a phone for the weeist one is a godsend at times. At the right volume no one else hears the phone except her. The other 2 are old enough to get the fear and happily keep their pusses shut ken?

for a horrible second there I read the third final word incorrectly. rmuch relief all round with an instant re-read

Still living in the fast lane m9?
Kudos.

Well it’s not just as easy for us to “hire a babysitter” if we want to go out as a poster has earlier suggested so we usually take her somewhere like that where it’s not too claustrophobic and is child friendly. We’re going out to a Thai place in Elgin tonight and not taking the child with us though.

Well it’s not just as easy for us to “hire a babysitter” if we want to go out as a poster has earlier suggested

Yeah.... Same boat for the vast majority, yet some of the stuff spouted in this thread has been very simplistic and lacking context.

The types that go on about how they didnt get phones and tablets never seem to consider the fact that phones amd tablets werent available. Also amazing that they can look back and effectively evaluate the impeccable behaviour of their 5 year old selves.

Yeah.... Same boat for the vast majority, yet some of the stuff spouted in this thread has been very simplistic and lacking context.

The types that go on about how they didnt get phones and tablets never seem to consider the fact that phones amd tablets werent available. Also amazing that they can look back and effectively evaluate the impeccable behaviour of their 5 year old selves.

Plus his original moan was about toddlers who aren’t old enough to be reasoned with yet in any case. What a monumental c**t. I hope he goes up to a family at a restaurant and suggests they play with their child rather than put something on their phone as the noise is ruining the dining experience for others, I’m sure it would go down a treat!

Plus his original moan was about toddlers who aren’t old enough to be reasoned with yet in any case. What a monumental c**t. I hope he goes up to a family at a restaurant and suggests they play with their child rather than put something on their phone as the noise is ruining the dining experience for others, I’m sure it would go down a treat!
Any relevant moan has to go both ways. Families with young kids should go to family appropriate places IMO. There are of course a lot of restaurants that dont allow kids anyway. But the places you mentioned for example, or the type of places I will take my kids like Brewers Fayres or Frankie and Bennys, I will try to make them behave obviously but they dont always listen to me or their mum. This is because they are small children.

If you go without kids to somewhere that encourages families, then you can fucking suck it up.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Well it’s not just as easy for us to “hire a babysitter” if we want to go out as a poster has earlier suggested so we usually take her somewhere like that where it’s not too claustrophobic and is child friendly. We’re going out to a Thai place in Elgin tonight and not taking the child with us though.

To be fair all the places you mentioned are fairly child friendly and it would be perfectly acceptable for your child to be colouring in or doing whatever, I wrongly thought we were talking about places for a nice meal.

If kids piss you off then places family's go to are best avoided or just go there later when toddlers are asleep

2 hours ago, throbber said:

If you wait a few days I could have babysat. I’m in Elgin on Wednesday. 

Didnt realise Elgin had ventured into the exotic world of Thai food.

Yeah it looks decent anyway - http://www.greenmangopanasiancuisine.com/menu

We can use my mother in law as babysitter when we’re in Elgin but it’s not so easy in Edinburgh, thanks for the offer though and I’m sure my mrs would be just thrilled to leave our child with a strange I met on a football forum in future!

Parents who put Peppa Pig or whatever on their phone and prop it up for a toddler to watch in the middle of a restaurant. Social workers should be on patrol and armed so that they can dispatch these utter wasters and then hand the child over to adopters.

I agree with this. I hate seeing a kid plonked down in front of an i pad in a restaurant. If you cant be fucked conversing with your kid then what is the point of going out with them.

I agree with this. I hate seeing a kid plonked down in front of an i pad in a restaurant. If you cant be fucked conversing with your kid then what is the point of going out with them.
The idea that 3 year olds engaged is perfectly well behaved conversation in restaurants until the dastardly IPad came along is fucking ludicrous.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He didn't say they were going for food. 

ladyboys-of-bangkok_400.jpg

Used to go to places like F&B’s with the kid and she’d be fine as they’d have colouring in kits, activity sheets, stickers etc. So long as I could get a swift four or five Stellas the other nippers in the place could cause all the chaos they wanted.