Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Pickled Onion should be Light Green

Then what the hell are you going to do with Spring Onion?

This is the road to chaos :angry:

Ah... you could go with the Tudor approach of a mostly white packet, with pale green trim. Clever.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yes, that problem had occurred to me too.  I suggest a green lighter than Cheese n Onion green  for pickled onion and an even lighter green for Spring Onion

Guest Moomintroll

Ah... you could go with the Tudor approach of a mostly white packet, with pale green trim. Canny. FTFY.

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yes, that problem had occurred to me too.  I suggest a green lighter than Cheese n Onion green  for pickled onion and an even lighter green for Spring Onion

^^^^ Big team found

Edited by GordonD

22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Might be a wee problem marketing this idea in certain areas if Hula Hoops are included.

Ah... you could go with the Tudor approach of a mostly white packet, with pale green trim. Clever.
I thought spring onion and pickled onion were the same thing?

Where is the fucking market for spring onion? Who are those people?

38 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought spring onion and pickled onion were the same thing?

Where is the fucking market for spring onion? Who are those people?

Probably the sort of people who were the target market for 'Sour Cream' and Onion, etc.

WTF is wrong with 'Cheese' and Onion?

Also, how come when you go to central europe, there are about a million different brands/styles of crisps in the supermarket, but 99% of them are 'Paprika' flavour?

I reckon this a massively under-recognised driving force behind pro-Brexit sentiment. I mean, who wants to go to some tinpot country like Germany or something where you can't even get a bag of Ready Salted? What on earth do they do when they travel here, only to find that short of venturing into Lidl, trying to find 'Paprika' flavoured crisps is like trying to find an 18 year old female virgin in Dundee? What the hell even is a Paprika anyway? :angry:

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Probably the sort of people who were the target market for 'Sour Cream' and Onion, etc.

Also, how come when you go to central europe, there are about a million different brands/styles of crisps in the supermarket, but 99% of them are 'Paprika' flavour?

I reckon this a massively under-recognised driving force behind pro-Brexit sentiment. I mean, who wants to go to some tinpot country like Germany or something where you can't even get a bag of Ready Salted? What on earth do they do when they travel here, only to find that short of venturing into Lidl, trying to find 'Paprika' flavoured crisps is like trying to find an 18 year old female virgin in Dundee? What the hell even is a Paprika anyway? :angry:

I spent about 5 minutes in a supermarket aisle in France last year looking at what I assumed was the "Paprika" section.  Couldn't find salt and vinegar anywhere.

Savages.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Germans use green to signify hazlenut in chocolate, when it should be for mint. That's all you need to know about those deviants. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The Germans use green to signify hazlenut in chocolate, when it should be for mint. That's all you need to know about those deviants. 

Well in fairness to them, shopping in Germany is basically like shopping in the factory outlet for Haribo, so they do have that going for them. But still...

Dark Purple.
Pale Purple/Violet reserved for Pickled Onion
Pickled onion = dark blue. As evidenced by Tudor, the original and for years only producer of said flavour. Well before Golden Wonder weighed in with their purple bags at 1/2p more, and still further before the homogenous snack behemoth which is Walkers consumed all the competition and brought us the abominations that are light green packs for pickled onion and blue (fucking blue, ffs!) for cheese and onion. These people are monsters.

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

What the hell even is a Paprika anyway? :angry:

it's a german 'portmanteau' word meaning '18 year old female virgin' - anyone who likes that flavour is tending towards being OFTW

Edited by Herman Hessian
inability to spell a four-letter abbreviation...