Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Spot on. Maybe the worst Fish Supper I've ever had was in Reading. Debatable if it was even as good as Cod.

On the flipside, I tend to think the further south you venture the better the Indian food becomes.

Well, the further south you go the closer you are to India..,

11 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

In an ideal world, however, people regretfully think walking in and out of a chip shop in less than 90 seconds as a great thing.

Any time I frequent such places I scan what's under the lamps and order something that isn't there, usually met with someone with a screwed up face saying ' it'll be 5-10 minutes as we have to cook it'

Prior to lockdown we would have had a takeaway once a fortnight or so, alternating between the Chinese and the chippy. I phoned in the order and was always told "It'll be 15 minutes", which indicated to me it was being cooked fresh.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Prior to lockdown we would have had a takeaway once a fortnight or so, alternating between the Chinese and the chippy. I phoned in the order and was always told "It'll be 15 minutes", which indicated to me it was being cooked fresh.

Or they're taking the pish out you.

Planned to make a batch of lager today, based on weather and the fact BB1 is at school and Mrs B is able to watch BB2.

Brewing is a task best done alone and with no small kids about, however, maintaining what I believe to be a 100% record Mrs B has found some stupid fucking task that means I will have to watch BB2 whilst I also boil 5 gallons of very sugary water.

Every fucking time.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Was there not a vote on this previously, where ch*pper was thoroughly kicked in the balls, set alight and then shat upon by chppy? 

Probably, because what you've said is correct so any poll would reflect that.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Always thought a chipper was a 70's bike, a smaller version of the iconic Chopper.

I never owned either but I was one of five that got a 'perfectly balanced lift' one day after school down the road on a Raleigh Chopper.

In Inverness its 'chippee' because its 'the sneckee' and that how we roll up here with any word that ends in y.

Did The Monkees originally come from Inverness then?

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

A chipper destroys wood

A chippy sells food

Its not that hard for you weirdos is it?

41 minutes ago, Rugster said:

IT'S A FUCKING CHIPPY

Preach brothers.

I think the mods will need to start issuing warnings to some folk.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

P.S. Whilst on the subject, chippy chips are almost always horrendous.

THis is a recent thing I think, they used to be great. Too dry and crispy now. Probably because they use oil and I think it used to be lard or whatever. Trying to make things healthier is shite.