Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People generally don’t seem to think that bar staff and bookies etc should be paid decent money (not talking professional salaries here FYI) but there’s zero incentive for anyone in these jobs generally to make an effort to learn their job especially when you factor in the relatively high turnover. I enjoyed working in the bookies and probably would’ve kept it on if it wasn’t shite pay and a dying industry.
Exactly, if people are being paid the bare minimum the law allows then you can't expect them to put in effort to improve their competency beyond the level of keeping their job. If the bartender doesn't know the drinks they're serving then that's the fault of the bar manager for not giving them proper training.

TL;DR pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Exactly, if people are being paid the bare minimum the law allows then you can't expect them to put in effort to improve their competency beyond the level of keeping their job. If the bartender doesn't know the drinks they're serving then that's the fault of the bar manager for not giving them proper training.

TL;DR pay peanuts, get monkeys.
The key to working in a place that pays only the bare legal minimum is only to put it what you get out. Nobody should be knocking their pan in, or giving a f**k about a company that pays them as little as £8.72 an hour or whatever the f**k scandalous amount of money the minimum wage is these days.

as little as £8.72 an hour or whatever the f**k scandalous amount of money the minimum wage is these days.

To give credit when its due, under the Tories the minimum wage has vastly outpaced inflation over the last six years and is closing the gap to the median hourly pay. It's far better to be on minimum wage now than it was when Blair was in power.

To give credit when its due, under the Tories the minimum wage has vastly outpaced inflation over the last six years and is closing the gap to the median hourly pay. It's far better to be on minimum wage now than it was when Blair was in power.
True as that might be you've got Blair to thank for one in the first place. Or at least his Government.

The man is vile, and if he'd not been such a moron with Iraq, particularly, he'd probably be able to lay claim to being the best PM Westminster has had in many a long day.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm no fan of the grinning waermonger or his hi-jacking of my Party, but in those days there was a spread of rates of pay. Nowadays, you see a job advert, they don't bother stating the pay because, for those not requiring qualifications, we all know what the rate will be. And the rights you'll have (next to fúck all). And the protection you'll have in Emloyment Law (same, and getting less as we all cower from Covid).

Bliar was a cúnt of the highest order, but anyone claiming the average worker is better off now than under NL is either at it, thick as fúck, or brainwashed.

52 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Youtube algorithm again.

I've successfully purged my recommendations of anything involving the alt-right with the wonderful blocktube extenstion, but now I'm having to get rid of utter froth from folk whose channels I don't care about with videos like 6 REASONS MY TESLA SUCKS.

I want to watch elderly men making wooden tables and the like, where does this crap get into my recommendations from?

Insert Kenneth Williams pic....

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Youtube algorithm again.

I've successfully purged my recommendations of anything involving the alt-right with the wonderful blocktube extenstion, but now I'm having to get rid of utter froth from folk whose channels I don't care about with videos like 6 REASONS MY TESLA SUCKS.

I want to watch elderly men making wooden tables and the like, where does this crap get into my recommendations from?

I've been getting lots of old, shite memes lately. This has made more than one appearance this week: