Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

A pie roll is also very good.

Yasssss

My other half looked at me in utter disgust the other week when I put a macaroni pie in a roll.  She eventually took one bite and quickly said "I want one now". 

F***ing hypocrite.

Yasssss
My other half looked at me in utter disgust the other week when I put a macaroni pie in a roll.  She eventually took one bite and quickly said "I want one now". 
F***ing hypocrite.
Roll and pie is another quality snack. Curry pies are my preference.

Tried to come up with the most carborific yet realistic snack with some mates in the pub last year. Winner was a roll and quarter pizza crunch with chips.

5 minutes ago, Markka said:

Roll and pie is another quality snack. Curry pies are my preference.

Tried to come up with the most carborific yet realistic snack with some mates in the pub last year. Winner was a roll and quarter pizza crunch with chips.

I always like it when somebody who describes a pie roll as being a "carb overload" (or heart attack) then goes on to justify pie, chips and beans.

Eta:  I've only just noticed your use of the term "roll and pie".  'Location: parts unknown' my arse.    <_<

Next it'll be  'roll and bacon'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I always like it when somebody who describes a pie roll as being a "carb overload" (or heart attack) then goes on to justify pie, chips and beans.
Eta:  I've only just noticed your use of the term "roll and pie".  'Location: parts unknown' my arse.    <_> Next it'll be  'roll and bacon'.
It doesn't matter what it is called. What matters is how many you can eat in one sitting.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A roll 'n pie should be on all the best restaurant menus. One is a starter, two with chips is a main course.

What's better in the roll Scotch pie or Steak pie?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We're talking traditional Scottish food, not fancy foreign stuff.

Scotch is the only pie for a roll.

8 minutes ago, Markka said:
11 minutes ago, 101 said:
What's better in the roll Scotch pie or Steak pie?

Scotch

Thank you both, never had one so once we have left the EU it will be our duty to eat as much mutton as possible.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The entire central belt correctly calls it a roll, of which there are three proper varieties. Soft, crispy and well fired.

The Clyde Riviera once again breaks into a higher plane of civilisation by referring by brand name only: Aulds (soft) or Mortons (crispy and medium fired).

Overhearing some Glaswegian ordering 'a crispy roll and square sausage mate' like a toddler was confirmation enough that they're not playing with a full deck of cards

Edited by vikingTON

53 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk who refer to their parents as simply "mum" or "dad" rather than "my mum" or "my dad".  In a conversation between siblings?  Fair enough.  Referring to just "mum" in conversation with a friend who also has a mum?  OFTW type behaviour IMO.

^^^This is the post. 

One of my mates does that and I've never had the heart to tell him. Started a new job a month ago and someone has done this multiple times. It's fucking disgusting tbqh.