Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

i will kill you jim GIF

That's beyond the pale.

Thankfully it's just on Zoom so I left audio and made a mental note to never engage with that person going forward. 

Similar levels to Drinkypoos...actually after having typed that the latter is far worse..

Someone at my work had went home with a pass, so i said i would nip and collect it as he is now isolating. I asked where he stayed and instead of giving me a street name and house number, he gives me a rough area and directions of left, right etc. Mrs b done this as well the other week. You want me to go and get something/pick something up, just let me know street name and number. Worst case scenario i can google map it.

1 hour ago, Andrew Driver said:

Start a wee business selling bags outside Morrisons for 30p.    

Collect them now, wait 10 or 20 years and sell them as "Classic Shopping Bags". It works for football strips after all.

I think I've got a BHS one somewhere. Bids?

1 minute ago, Andrew Driver said:

Thanks for tuning in to Smoothtalk radio.  It's 2am and for tonight's phone-in we'll be reminiscing about plastic bags from yesteryear.   So give us a call as we discuss some classic shopping bags during the wee small hours.  

Still better than listening to a Radio Scotland "comedy drama".

Thanks for tuning in to Smoothtalk radio.  It's 2am and for tonight's phone-in we'll be reminiscing about plastic bags from yesteryear.   So give us a call as we discuss some classic shopping bags during the wee small hours.  
I can't be the only one who read that with Alan Partridge's voice in my head?

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Plastic carrier bags now up to 50p in Morrisons. Taking the absolute piss now. Bad enough having to pay for paper bags.

When they first started charging for plastic bags in England, there was a bit about it on 'Have I Got News for You'. Stephen Manghan read out a bit from the Daily Mail where they said that people could avoid paying the charge by reusing their old ones. They phrased it as if they were getting one over the system, instead of it being the whole point as he made clear.

His next line was excellent, though. He said that bags had been charged for in Scotland for months, but the reason nobody had heard about it was that Scots aren't whining crybabies.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

When they first started charging for plastic bags in England, there was a bit about it on 'Have I Got News for You'. Stephen Manghan read out a bit from the Daily Mail where they said that people could avoid paying the charge by reusing their old ones. They phrased it as if they were getting one over the system, instead of it being the whole point as he made clear.

His next line was excellent, though. He said that bags had been charged for in Scotland for months, but the reason nobody had heard about it was that Scots aren't whining crybabies.

There were folk on here refusing to pay 5p for the bag their Chinese takeaway was delivered in.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There were folk on here refusing to pay 5p for the bag their Chinese takeaway was delivered in.

There was a brilliant post in response to that, I can't remember who by, who said the delivery driver should just pour the chow mein through the letterbox and shout enjoy your meal ya tight fucker.