Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A Belstaff jacket ranks pretty low among the barely affordable status symbols of the Ineos/Petroineos workforce tbh

I know. Lagging slightly behind the token BMW X3 for the full time mammy Ineos wives.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Amazing deal if they're getting it half price, I love swanning about in mine, cool as f**k.

Thank you.

I like mine too. My Xmas from the missus last year. Thanks to good old covid and being unable to go out much, I’ve worn it about half a dozen times if you’re lucky.

Once life returns to normal I’ll wear it a bit more when going to the boozer is a bit more appealing. Bet the first time I wear it in the boozer some grunt will be like “Do you work at Ineos??” 

I like mine too. My Xmas from the missus last year. Thanks to good old covid and being unable to go out much, I’ve worn it about half a dozen times if you’re lucky.
Once life returns to normal I’ll wear it a bit more when going to the boozer is a bit more appealing. Bet the first time I wear it in the boozer some grunt will be like “Do you work at Ineos??” 
FWIW im told Belstaff are clamping down hard on misuse of that particular discount so there wont be as many kicking about soon enough.

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

FWIW im told Belstaff are clamping down hard on misuse of that particular discount so there wont be as many kicking about soon enough.

Wouldn’t surprise me as I don’t think the UK division of Belstaff has ever been profitable.  They were certainly struggling to turn a profit or break even not long ago to the point they were totally reliant on Jim covering their losses to survive. Unsure if still the case though.

As much as their jackets are quality, I suspect Belstaff are shooting themselves in the foot by trying to be an elite brand but their manufacturing costs relative to “in store” price mark-up is totally OTT and prices the majority of potential customers out.

Like many companies the pandemic definitely won’t be helping matters. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end up one of these every decade flash-in-the-pan designer brands where a decade later folk will be like: 

“Mind when every c**t was cutting about in Belstaff jaikits?”

Edited by 8MileBU

20 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they end up one of these every decade flash-in-the-pan designer brands where a decade later folk will be like:

Did people just start wearing Belstaff this last decade in Falkirk? 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
Did people just start wearing Belstaff this last decade in Falkirk? 

Imagine how much more there would be in Dundee if suddenly virtually everyone in the whole city knew someone who could get them 50% off, including sale items.

You live in/near Falkirk. Can you get me 50% off? x

13 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Major yer da/jeans & sheux vibes from those jackets. 

Luckily mines will be worn with chinos shorts, espadrilles and a Panama hat. 

Can't get my head around people who'd pay daft money for clothing or footwear. One of the wife's pal's daughter, wants a pair of £350 trainers for Xmas. She is 13. She's had appendecitis this week (no, that's not the name of the fucking trainers). She'll probably now get them through the sympathy vote. 

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

Can't get my head around people who'd pay daft money for clothing or footwear. One of the wife's pal's daughter, wants a pair of £350 trainers for Xmas. She is 13. She's had appendecitis this week (no, that's not the name of the fucking trainers). She'll probably now get them through the sympathy vote. 

I think there's a slight difference between buying a quality jacket that will last a lifetime, and spending £350 on trainers for a 13 year old. 

I just find it intriguing that Belstaff went from being the wax cotton jacket of choice for the dirty, greasy, biker to the 'must have' fashion accessory for a particular type. 

I mean, who actually decides that's the case. Fair play to Belstaff though. They cottoned on and multiplied the price by four. 

My dad's old Belstaff is still in the cupboard in the garage. Perhaps I should dig it out. It's an original 70's one. A 'barn find' if you like. Got to be worth £1000 :lol:

12 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I just find it intriguing that Belstaff went from being the wax cotton jacket of choice for the dirty, greasy, biker to the 'must have' fashion accessory for a particular type. 

I mean, who actually decides that's the case. Fair play to Belstaff though. They cottoned on and multiplied the price by four. 

My dad's old Belstaff is still in the cupboard in the garage. Perhaps I should dig it out. It's an original 70's one. A 'barn find' if you like. Got to be worth £1000 :lol:

ISWYDT

When I had my MZ 150 (sheesh) and then my Suzuki GT350 in the late 70s only utter c***s wore waxed cotton jackets.