Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Do you have any specials?

We don't have a jukebox.

FFS, Zen - like any teenage bar staff will know who or what The Specials were!

Or a jukebox, for that matter.

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

@Clarko_son bought me a bovril recently. J'deteste bovril.

You're not meant to like it. Nobody drinks it outside football grounds. You drink it because you had your first Bovril on the terraces as an 8 year old boy when you were frozen to the bone and on the very brink of hypothermia. Then at every game through a cold winter you had a Bovril and it warmed you to your soul. Now, 40-50 years later, you just can't go to a game without a Bovril. It's your own wee tradition. 

Aye it's bowfin' though. 

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

You're not meant to like it. Nobody drinks it outside football grounds. You drink it because you had your first Bovril on the terraces as an 8 year old boy when you were frozen to the bone and on the very brink of hypothermia. Then at every game through a cold winter you had a Bovril and it warmed you to your soul. Now, 40-50 years later, you just can't go to a game without a Bovril. It's your own wee tradition. 

Aye it's bowfin' though. 

I had the cold at the weekend. Bovril got me through it. 

Delicious when made with pepper. 

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I had the cold at the weekend. Bovril got me through it. 

Delicious when made with pepper. 

This is Melanius Mullarkay levels of deviancy.

9 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Aye it's bowfin' though. 

At work I have a jar of Bovril in my bag, prefer it to tea or coffee.

If you were at the Banks O Dee v Ayr Utd game a few years ago I changed my order in the pie queue.

In queue at half time and one of the lasses emerged from the kitchen looked at the queue and said ' oh no we only have two pies left' quietly to her colleague. I was next and asked for 'two pies and a bovril'.

If you were there and missed a pie they were fine 😋

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

This is Melanius Mullarkay levels of deviancy.

I'm not having this. There's no way having pepper in bovril is worse than some of the fucking disgusting things he rams down his gullet. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Peppery Bovril is the business. I’ve been know take my white pepper sachet stash with me to games.

On that note, is there a petty/crap thievery thread? I think my best haul was a bar stool although I left it halfway up the road as kept tripping over it because pished. If PC Cabe’s still lurking it’ll give him something to do trying to track IP addresses to issue warrants 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

On that note, is there a petty/crap thievery thread? I think my best haul was a bar stool although I left it halfway up the road as kept tripping over it because pished. If PC Cabe’s still lurking it’ll give him something to do trying to track IP addresses to issue warrants 

In his latter years, my old man had a cupboard full of chored Costa sugars and other condiment sachets. I think I’ve inherited his trait.

Good idea for a thread though.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

In his latter years, my old man had a cupboard full of chored Costa sugars and other condiment sachets. I think I’ve inherited his trait.

Good idea for a thread though.

Done; it's your fault if it's pish.