Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I would venture to guess the opposite might be the fact, and entry with said weapon might improve customer service. It might, however, slightly negatively impact the overall customer experience.

Staff should be issued them to be used on any customer ordering Hawaiian  !

On 23/06/2023 at 23:28, Flybhoy said:

Phoned for a pizza 🍕 earlier, for collection...called so the takeaway could put it in the oven for it to be ready in the time I drive down ten or fifteen minutes later, a fairly common practice used by myself and many others I'd imagine. 
Rocks up after stopping at the shop, cashline etc..
"Hiya I'd phoned the pizza for collection about quarter an hour ago"
Lassie behind the counter informs pizza guy I'm here for my 12" pepperoni and mushroom...
.....who then pulls the pizza dough out the fridge and asks what topping I wanted on it again...😡😡😠

Was a bawhair away from going full Michael Douglas in Falling Down and spraying the fucking place with bullets....!!!

I'm impressed that you're still phoning. That's proper old b*****d hold-out behaviour. I hope you paid by cheque. 

Everybody loves a bit of cake now and then, aye? But at what point does a nice wee cake turn into some ****ing art exhibition? Missus was showing me photos of some cake company's work on Facebook last night. 'How cool is that?', one of them was a huge JCB digger cake for a bairns birthday. Massive I tell you.

While I have to say the craftsmanship is impressive, my mind can't help but switch to thinking 'it's a ****ing cake'. How much time and effort goes into making some of these? Let alone how much money gets spent on them? Couldn't really care what it looks like on the outside, it's still sponge with a bit of cream or jam on the inside. 

Got me thinking about other foods and peoples fixation on presentation. 'Ohh look at this, it's 'Food A' but it looks like 'Food B' or 'look how pristine the plating is on this'. Who actually cares? Granted I don't want my meal to look like the proverbial dogs dinner, but it's about to get demolished and mashed up in my stomach in a few minutes.

Just felt I had to rant a wee bit there. Feel better now. Might go get cake.

11 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Everybody loves a bit of cake now and then, aye? But at what point does a nice wee cake turn into some ****ing art exhibition? Missus was showing me photos of some cake company's work on Facebook last night. 'How cool is that?', one of them was a huge JCB digger cake for a bairns birthday. Massive I tell you.

While I have to say the craftsmanship is impressive, my mind can't help but switch to thinking 'it's a ****ing cake'. How much time and effort goes into making some of these? Let alone how much money gets spent on them? Couldn't really care what it looks like on the outside, it's still sponge with a bit of cream or jam on the inside. 

Got me thinking about other foods and peoples fixation on presentation. 'Ohh look at this, it's 'Food A' but it looks like 'Food B' or 'look how pristine the plating is on this'. Who actually cares? Granted I don't want my meal to look like the proverbial dogs dinner, but it's about to get demolished and mashed up in my stomach in a few minutes.

My wee yin just turned one and if I'm asked as many questions about her cake next year I won't see her birthday. "Should we get a sponge and just give her a wee bit? Should we have two cakes, one she can eat herself and one for everyone else? Do you think she would like a Spot the Dog cake? Oh look at this 200 quid fancy one, should we go big?" She's fucking one, she's going to mash her face into the middle of whatever we put in front of her, get her a punnet strawberries for all I care.  

The chocolate cake we got was nice though. 

22 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

The problem with those sort of cakes is that nobody wants to be the first to cut a bit off.

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The problem with those sort of cakes is that nobody wants to be the first to cut a bit off.

Another problem is there can be too high an icing to cake ratio. I want to eat cake with some icing, not icing with some cake 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My wee yin just turned one and if I'm asked as many questions about her cake next year I won't see her birthday. "Should we get a sponge and just give her a wee bit? Should we have two cakes, one she can eat herself and one for everyone else? Do you think she would like a Spot the Dog cake? Oh look at this 200 quid fancy one, should we go big?" She's fucking one, she's going to mash her face into the middle of whatever we put in front of her, get her a punnet strawberries for all I care.  

You get asked all these questions so whenever what you agreed to turns into shite you get the blame - "But you agreed".

Tell her to choose whatever she wants in future.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My daughter, and my partners wee boy just had their birthdays a few weeks ago, only 5 days apart. As an aside, her daughter and my other daughter are 4 days apart. Mother in law makes cakes and she makes good ones, but they sat debating about what to do regards to cakes for the birthdays there. Basically they wanted to have a cake for each of them. She makes pretty big cakes. 2 at once would've been way too much. I told them to just have one fairly generic cake for the 2 of them. Again, it's a cake. It'll be cut up, eaten and forgotten about in a couple of days.

Wummin and cakes, man. Honestly.

50 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

In one small example about cake, you have highlighted why the whole wedding industry is now so out of hand.

I asked for, for many years, and finally got a Battenburg cake for my birthday a couple of years ago. Only the co-ops 1980s butterscotch cream cake (45p) could have been better. 

There's about seven hundred programmes about people making cakes that my family members watch. Half of them are woodwork and chicken wire. Surely that's cheating?