Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

6:55am is pizza time. I was not this man.

One day I'll learn that a fish supper in Oban in the evening followed by a Calmac cooked breakfast the next morning is not in the best interests of my digestive system.

59 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

One day I'll learn that a fish supper in Oban in the evening followed by a Calmac cooked breakfast the next morning is not in the best interests of my digestive system.

You must be raking it in to afford these two things simultaneously. 

Edited by Derry Alli

Banks. Specifically the Bank of Scotland in the middle of Dundee.

I have recently become the person in charge of a business bank account and had to deposit some cash this morning. MOstly notes with another £100 odd in £1, £2 coins and less than £5 in silver.

1. 4 jakeballs hanging about the front door drawling about "spare change m8 for a cup a tea".  No, f**k off.

2. The wifie in bank not being able to count properly. She tried to diddle me out of £1. I told her to count it again and she had got it wrong (after entering all the details into her computer). She then totalled the whole amount and was 60p too much.  Fucking clueless.  You would think basic arithmetic is a prerequisite for a bank teller.

End of message.  

Fighting a battle on the home front. As soon as Hallowe'en was out of the way, my daughter started nagging about getting the Christmas tree up. 

No way, far too early, I said. 

The wife today started playing Christmas music. I suspect more pressure will be on its way soon. 

This is all at least 5 weeks too early. And I'm not relenting. They want the tree down from the loft? Fine - they can go up and climb over the mouse corpses and bring it down. 

Ive now decided to apply for internet banking for this business account and I need to print off a form and physically post it to Andover.

For internet banking. A form. Printed off. Put in an envelope. Then post it. In 2023. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

There was a big debate and vote on this a while ago and the "keep sunday special" mob won. If God can rest on the seventh day, then it stands to reason that, dependent on which sector you work in and on the size of the building you're employed in, people should also be able to rest for an arbitrary amount of time that's not actually a real day off. Medieval shite. 

Often referred to as “Blue Laws” or “Sunday Laws”, it’s a Northern European/American curiosity to prevent people from working/playing/partying/etc on the Sabbath…conveniently ignoring the fact the Sabbath is observed on days other than Sunday by some groups.

19 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

As to buying booze on a Sunday now, they're only not allowed to sell it before 10am on a Sunday. You can open it and start drinking so long asyou time the rest of your shopping to mean you hit the tills at 10. The discernng shopper like what we are always carries a corkscrew. 

That’s an arrest here, as you can’t consume alcohol in an off licence premises. Kinda like the no opened/unsealed container allowed in the passenger compartment of a vehicle.

At least you have more reasonable sales hours and locations…here (in this state, other vary) it’s liquor stores (only source of hard liquor) open M-Sa 10AM-9PM. For wine and beer, it’s 7AM-Midnight M-F, 7AM-1AM Sa and 10AM-Midnight Su…makes no sense.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fighting a battle on the home front. As soon as Hallowe'en was out of the way, my daughter started nagging about getting the Christmas tree up. 

The wife today started playing Christmas music. I suspect more pressure will be on its way soon. 

This is all at least 5 weeks too early. And I'm not relenting. They want the tree down from the loft? Fine - they can go up and climb over the mouse corpses and bring it down. 

christmas.jpg.012eb8d2c6e8bf89730b3de7d737a3c0.jpg

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

f**k off, to the pair of them.

Tree up 22nd Dec and down in 27th. No other decorations requires.

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

f**k off, to the pair of them.

Tree up 22nd Dec and down in 27th. No other decorations requires.

That’s a bit unfair to the celebrants of the Winter Solstice, especially as that’s where the tree comes from. I’d suggest 17th Dec.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The fallen autumn leaves that make you think you've stood in dog sh*t.

Worse is when yer best pal takes a dump on the autumn leaves and you are standing there with a poo bag over one hand, and a ball launcher, lead, and sometimes a torch in the other, and you can’t find said poo if yer life depended on it. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ive now decided to apply for internet banking for this business account and I need to print off a form and physically post it to Andover.

For internet banking. A form. Printed off. Put in an envelope. Then post it. In 2023. 

I used to be the Treasurer for a charity that used BoS. They’re the absolute pits. Get ready to send that form five more times due to their complete incompetence.

54 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I used to be the Treasurer for a charity that used BoS. They’re the absolute pits. Get ready to send that form five more times due to their complete incompetence.

Funnily enough when I sent the form in to get me transferred on to the account as a main signatory, they managed to do what within 2 days.  Not holding my breath for the internet one.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Tell 'em that unless they've been to church every weekend since the summer, they've no right to celebrate Christmas at all and they can have their tree-fest only from 24 to 26 December.after all, you're not unreasonable!

If you've got Netflix, start watching Lucifer. That'll shut 'em up. Happy to help! 🙂