Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Decided to go to Pizza Hut buffet this afternoon and when being greeted we were told it’s still card only (so 2020) and that they prefer if we order through our phones via the QR code. Put our order through and when going to pay asked us if we would like to tip for the service. A tip for what? We pick our own food, own drinks and carry them back to our tables.

Get fucked.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Decided to go to Pizza Hut buffet this afternoon and when being greeted we were told it’s still card only (so 2020) and that they prefer if we order through our phones via the QR code. Put our order through and when going to pay asked us if we would like to tip for the service. A tip for what? We pick our own food, own drinks and carry them back to our tables.

Get fucked.

It'd be interesting to hear their response if you asked 'for what'. Probably not worth the awkwardness.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

No sure if its a PTTGOYN but the amount of "slightly older" women in Edinburgh who have had their skin creosoted and lips inflated to look like a rubber doll is beyond a joke.

It's quite popular in Dundee too. 

Davie Dodds has got a lot to answer for

Edited by Cosmic Joe

16 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Bid for an item on ebay. It has a starting price of £10 and a buy it now price of £70.

I was the first bidder. Message comes up saying reserve price has not been met.

So the seller has set a reserve price above the £10 starting price but the bidders can't see what it is. Nobody's got time for that shit. Just put the starting price at the minimum you want to sell it at and stop wasting my fucking time. Can't see how to block a seller either

There is apparently a way to block a seller on a search, on an individual search basis, and that’s it.

Sellers, on the other hand, can block bidders/buyers very easily. I was looking at an item (wheel covers) that cost $24.99, and needed four of them. They wanted $20.00 shipping, each, no discount for more than one. They listed it as shipping from the my town, so I used “contact the seller” to ask if I could arrange an alternate shipping/delivery option or just pickup from them since it was obvious they were shipping from an industrial park less than a mile from me…got blocked with no response. I figure I dodged a pretty scammy seller as the second cheapest option was $45.00 each and shipping of $15.00 for up to four.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

There is apparently a way to block a seller on a search, on an individual search basis, and that’s it.

Sellers, on the other hand, can block bidders/buyers very easily. I was looking at an item (wheel covers) that cost $24.99, and needed four of them. They wanted $20.00 shipping, each, no discount for more than one. They listed it as shipping from the my town, so I used “contact the seller” to ask if I could arrange an alternate shipping/delivery option or just pickup from them since it was obvious they were shipping from an industrial park less than a mile from me…got blocked with no response. I figure I dodged a pretty scammy seller as the second cheapest option was $45.00 each and shipping of $15.00 for up to four.

eBay's search options are quite deliberately shite. It's often fucking useless since they introduced multi-variation listings anyway, as every c**t quickly twigged that they have to include a 99p option for a raisin or some such shit if they want to get anything like close to the top of the search results. Also, I don't know if it's changed now, but they deliberately didn't include an option to exclude multi-variation listings on searches, so you've no way of knowing the actual price of the item you want (not the raisin) without clicking on each listing to find out. Top job, eBay!

Petty Things That You Enjoy thread for this pish, but I used to take a great deal of satisfaction from blocking buyers. The amount of messages you get sent from chancing arseholes and brainless morons is unreal. If you're quibbling over 10p on the price of shipping, I can't even imagine what a nightmare you're going to be if you actually buy the item, so thanks for the advance warning and get in the fucking bin.

59 minutes ago, BTFD said:

eBay's search options are quite deliberately shite. It's often fucking useless since they introduced multi-variation listings anyway, as every c**t quickly twigged that they have to include a 99p option for a raisin or some such shit if they want to get anything like close to the top of the search results. Also, I don't know if it's changed now, but they deliberately didn't include an option to exclude multi-variation listings on searches, so you've no way of knowing the actual price of the item you want (not the raisin) without clicking on each listing to find out. Top job, eBay!

Petty Things That You Enjoy thread for this pish, but I used to take a great deal of satisfaction from blocking buyers. The amount of messages you get sent from chancing arseholes and brainless morons is unreal. If you're quibbling over 10p on the price of shipping, I can't even imagine what a nightmare you're going to be if you actually buy the item, so thanks for the advance warning and get in the fucking bin.

Agree on that, but $80 for shipping on a $99.96 order from a business mile away from me was a bit steep.

Trying to sort and name gig pictures and having no idea who the band members are. Is it too much to ask that bands have their members listed on their facebook/website? Preferably with a picture? Or solo artists that tweet/mention their backing band at some point?

18 hours ago, Leith Green said:

No sure if its a PTTGOYN but the amount of "slightly older" women in Edinburgh who have had their skin creosoted and lips inflated to look like a rubber doll is beyond a joke.

Wid.

On 31/07/2023 at 12:26, Leith Green said:

When I was younger, I was a bit dubious about the whole "I look like this for me, not to attract men" thing, but I believe it now. Frankly, with the things some lassies do to themselves, I'd believe them if they said they were trying to get men to leave them the f**k alone.

4 minutes ago, BTFD said:

When I was younger, I was a bit dubious about the whole "I look like this for me, not to attract men" thing, but I believe it now. Frankly, with the things some lassies do to themselves, I'd believe them if they said they were trying to get men to leave them the f**k alone.

I've never believed that they do it for men. Honestly think women scan every room they are in and compare themselves with every other woman in there. Although why they think pumping their lips with that stuff or putting on false eyelashes is any sort of improvement, I'll never know.

On 31/07/2023 at 00:04, Wile E Coyote said:

Bid for an item on ebay. It has a starting price of £10 and a buy it now price of £70.

I was the first bidder. Message comes up saying reserve price has not been met.

So the seller has set a reserve price above the £10 starting price but the bidders can't see what it is. Nobody's got time for that shit. Just put the starting price at the minimum you want to sell it at and stop wasting my fucking time. Can't see how to block a seller either

Update on this.

I was outbid but the winning bidder didn't meet the reserve price either.

The seller has relisted the item with a starting price of £10 again

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Update on this.

I was outbid but the winning bidder didn't meet the reserve price either.

The seller has relisted the item with a starting price of £10 again

“Contact Seller” and offer £9.99…

5 hours ago, BTFD said:

Dave got a bit picky in his old age, must have bought himself a new pair of trousers and crocks